Status: Currently not active

The powerful acryster

I get an unusual birthday present

I was attracted by green fire. It was probably copper as I learned it in my science lesson that it burns green. I went towards it and found the opening of a cave. I walked inside silently. Inside was a brown haired boy about my age. His eyes, which came in view a little later were dark brown. He was sitting by a small pile of copper utensils eating roasted marshmallow. He saw me and yelped. Then he let his shoulders relax and gently smiled, 'Come in, come in.'

'I thought there was no one else here,' I said walking in.

'So did I but then I sensed someone else on this island drawing nearer,' he said. It was hard to believe to the strange words he said but it was time to get used to things like that because it was the least of all. Then he asked, 'You came here yesterday, right, the 21st of May?'

'How did you know that? Wait. Does it mean that today is the 22nd of the month which is my birthday?' I asked totally puzzled.

'It probably is.'

'Who are you?' I started to feel scared now.

'Oh! I just forgot to tell you that I am Christopher' the boy said. 'You can share this cave with me. Will you keep standing there or come and have some marshmallow? They taste great!'

I slept on a bundle of hay which seemed the only choice to me. The whole day had passed and it was nearly impossible to believe that I forgot that it was my own birthday but as we all know- truth can never be denied.