‹ Prequel: Lumos: Year One
Sequel: Lumos: Year Three
Status: Active, with love!

Lumos: Year Two

Tonks

Keeping her eye out for trolls, Lanee quickly made her way towards the Great Hall for the Halloween Feast. She had an odd feeling in the pit of her stomach that something was going to go wrong tonight, just like last year on Halloween when a troll had rampaged through the school and almost killed Hermione Granger. This year, letting her imgination run free, she assumed a herd of angry unicorns would fill the school.

Helena Villar was attached to her hip, just like she had been for the past month. Ever since they agreed to be friends, they'd both discovered that they were very alike and compatable, and rather enjoyed each other's company. It didn't take long for Lanee to forget why she even hated the Slytherin in the first place, she was enjoyable to be around.

Enterting the Great Hall, they girls parted with a hug (something Lanee was slowly getting used to). Helena headed over to her pile of siblings at the Slytherin table, and Lanee over to Seamus and Dean at the Gryffindor table. No one seemed to care that Lanee was friends with Helena, but an awful lot of Slytherins seemed to have a problem with Helena being friends with her. Lanee huffed, who cared if they were friends?

"Ya see Potter anywhere?" Seamus asked, glancing around.

"No, why?" Dean responded.

"Remember last year on Halloween?" Lanee answered. "Those three were missing, just like they are now."

"You two are ridiclous. There's not gonna be another troll." Dean shoke his head and rolled his eyes.

"We didn't say troll!" Argued Seamus. "Just something. It's like, a tradition almost."

"You want there to be a tradition of bad things happening on Halloween?" Laughed Dean.

"I didn't say I wanted there to be, there just is."

Before Dean could repsond, Dumbledore rose, the signal to quiet down. The chatter quickly died out as the headmaster gave a short speech, the feast beginning soon after. Lanee still wasn't used to the endless food Hogwarts supplied, she was used to what she had home, just enough to scrape by. She remembered Hermione Granger ask once whether or not Lanee had an eating disorder, to which she replied. "Of course not! You've seen me eat almost every meal since our first day here!" Lanee was thin, but as thin as some sixth and seventh years walking around.

"I like your hair, Lanee." Ginny commented, who had suddenly appeared across from her.

"Oh thanks." She smiled. Her hair was jet black with orange streaks, done up for the holiday.

"Do you dye your hair like everyday?" She asked cursoily.

"No." Lanee laughed. "I'm a metamorphmagus, do you know what that is?" The Weasley girl nodded before turning back to her friends

The feast soon ended, the Head of Houses trying to lead the mass of students back to their common rooms. It was difficult with every single student trying to cram down the same hall. Water on the floor wasn't helping, Neville Longbottom kept slipping and falling onto Dean.

"Why is it flooded in here?" Lanee asked prying off her shoes, which were filled with water. But before she heard an answer, everyone stopped dead in their tracks. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all stood wide-eyed, staring at wall. Lanee's eyes widened upon seeing the stiff cat hanging by it's tall from a torch braket.

The Chamber of Secerets has been opened, enimies of the Heir, beware.

No one spoke as everyone took in the message that was obvousily written in blood. Lanee's mind was too busy thinking about whose blood it was to even take in what the message was saying. Chamber of Secerets? What secerets? Who's the Heir? She turned to ask Dean and Seamus, but they seemed just as confused as her as they stared at the wall.

“Enemies of the Heir, beware! You’ll be next, Mudbloods!” Draco Malfoy yelled with an amused expression. Lanee glowered at him, she had no idea why Helena was fond of him, he was a prat. Although she had no idea the severity of the situation, she knew it was no joking matter. Mrs. Norris was dead or something!

“What’s going on here? What’s going on?” Yelled Filch as he splashed down the halls with his awkward limp-run. Kids backed up, everyone knew that cat was Filch's only friend.

“My cat! My cat! What’ happened to Mrs. Norris?” he screamed loudly, “You! You! You’ve murdered my cat! You’ve killed her! I’ll kill you! I’ll—“ It didn't even occur to Lanee to think who had done this, but she couldn't help but be suspicous of the three. It seemed out of charecter, but they did seem to like to cause trouble.

"Argus!"

The proffessors suddenly appeared and attempted to calm the livid Filch as Dumbledore removed the stiff cat. “Come with me, Argus. You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger.” Lockhart suddenly appeared and began to brag about something, as usual. Lanee rolled her eyes. He was a lousy proffesser and probably had no idea what he was talking about. What did he even do that made him so famous? She hadn't even cracked open one of his books full of accomplishments, copying off Granger when they had homework assignmeants (not that Granger knew, of course).

The writing as being magically removed as proffessers instructed kids to head back to their common rooms. Everyone was talking, discussing about what the Chamber of Secerets was. What was it? Where? The 'Heir' of who? The most important question, in Lanee's mind, who were the enimies that had to beware?

It's probably some stupid prank. She told herself. As she thought this, she found Helena walking with pursed lips.

“What do you think it means by the Chamber of Secrets being opened? Do you know what that is?” Helena asked. Lanee just shrugged, it was no use trying to talk in the crowd with rising volume. The girls parted as Helena headed for the dungeons and Lanee, along with Seamus and Dean, upstairs.

"So, Chamber of Secrets," Seamus said once they entered and sat down. "Whatever the bloody hell it is, do you think Potter really opened it?"

"What if the Chamber of Secrets is like the...chamber pot of secrets?" Lanee and Seamus laughed as Dean proposed this. "No, really, like what if it's just something stupid? Then why would it matter if he opened it or not?"

"That cat was dead! And why would he go through the trouble of murdering Filch's cat and than write that on the wall?" Lanee exclaimed.

"You heard Dumbledore! She's petrified, not dead." Dean argued.

"Whatever. But whatever the Chamber of Secrets is, I think it's a pretty big deal that it's open. This is bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun, foreshadowing!

Comment^.^