‹ Prequel: Lumos: Year One
Sequel: Lumos: Year Three
Status: Active, with love!

Lumos: Year Two

Tonks

Raindrops stuck to her window like glue, then slid down to race one another. Lanee Tonks sat bored on her bed, watching as the raindrops raced each other down the windows on her room. Not much had changed about her over the summer. She was still reckless, opionated, and impatient. She was defentaily an inch taller and her face had matured a little more, but the feature that stood out was her new scar. A thick white line ran from the end of her left eyebrow all the way down to her jawbone.

She often ran her fingers down it, not knowing whether she liked it or not. Lanee loved having cuts and scrapes, she felt tough when she recieved them. Except for this one, a mark she gained out of stupidity rather than curoisty. Her mother had tried for ages to make it magically disspear, but there are just some scars that won't go away. Scars caused by dark magic or anything outside the Muggle word would stay forever.

"Lanee! It's almost time to go to King's Cross! Are you ready?" Nmyphadora Tonks yelled out to her daughter.

"Just a minute!" She repsonded and she walked over to her vanity. She ran a brush through her hair before throwing it into her trunk and snapping it shut. A beautiful golden shell hung around her neck by a peice of string, something she had worn since her father had given it to her for her birthday.

"Here, wear this. It brings good luck." He had said as he put it on for her. "It'll keep you safe."

Lanee called out to her jet black owl, Rozana. The bird flew gracefully from her perch in the closet straight into the cage. Even the owl loved Hogwarts, the owerly always had good food and plenty of space to fly around freely. Lanee searched her room for the last few things she wanted to bring with her. She grabbed a stack of letters from Seamus and Dean that she had obtained over the summer and packed them in the bottom of the trunk. She searched to find the gifts she had recieved from them on her birthday as well, finding the a small vile the Seamus had sent her, containing a healing potion that Lanee was detirmned to dissect and then create herself, and a candle from Dean that smelt roses, one of Lanee's favorite smells.

"Let's go!" Her mother yell up the stairs.

As it was last year, Platform 9 and 3/4 was packed with students. Lanee easily spotted the Weasly family, minus Ron, whom she was hoping to see, knowing Seamus and Dean would be around him. She saw Hermione Granger walking with her parents, who were very obvousily Muggles. She even saw Helena Villar, the girl that she had gotten into a fight with last year, walking with some other Slytherins she couldn't make out. Her mother led her along the platform up to where the entrance to the train was.

"Better get on before all the seats get taken. Have a good year, honey." She said, hugging her daughter tightly. Nymphadora pulled away and gently touched the snow white scar. "Try to not get into any more trouble, okay?"

"I'll try, but I can't guareantee anything." She smiled, pushing her ruby red hair from her eyes and behind her ears to show off the cartialge peircings in both ears. Her mom glanced at the ears.

"Your fathers still mad I let you get those." She laughed. "Okay, off you go. Have a good year. I'll see you at Christmas."

"Bye mum!" Lanee said, boarding the train. She walked down the narrow passage ways, searching for her friends, finding them in a few minutes. Her inner girl broke out as she squealed and wrapped her arms around them both.

"You gotten shorter, 'Nee?" Dean laughed.

"No, I've grown. You just...you're so tall!" Lanee exclaimed. Seamus still was only about an inch taller than her, and didn't look that much differnt from last year, expcet that his silly haircut had grown out and looked a bit better.

"Good holiday?" Seamus asked in his signature Irish accent.

"Yes, it was good to spend some time with my family. But I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts. I hate not using magic." Dean shared with Lanee agreeing. The train began to pull out of King's Cross Station as parents eagerly waved to their departing children. She tried to find her mom, but was dissapointed to realize she had already left the train station and had gone back to work. But she relaxed not too long into the ride.

She was going to Hogwarts.