‹ Prequel: Lumos: Year One
Sequel: Lumos: Year Three
Status: Active, with love!

Lumos: Year Two

Tonks

“I don’t know which year was crazier, this one or last.” Lanee said after the truth had been spread throughout the student body. Everyone walked happily and fearless towards the Great Hall, where a feast would be taken place to celebrate the school’s safety. “What do figure it worse: Moldy Butt or a giant snake that has killer eyes?”

“I wonder what third year has in store for us.” Seamus laughed as they entered the Great Hall. “Probably a giant Azkaban break, eh?”

Laughing, they all sat down at the table, shortly joined by Helena. Once again, the house cup was awarded to Gryffindor; the help from the Slytherin house not getting any notice. Although slightly annoyed, Lanee was thrilled to for her house to win once again.

“Who do you figure will be the new Defense Against The Dark Arts professor with Lockhart’s memory gone?” Dean asked.

“Hopefully someone who actually knows what their talking about.” Lanee answered laughing.

As the school year ended, so did the hype about the Chamber of Secrets. More students were thrilled that exams were cancelled rather than the fact that they were no longer in danger of dying.

On her very last day at the school, Lanee decided it was time for her pixie to leave a shoebox under her bed. The creature was long past healed, but she couldn’t bring herself to part with the pixie that she had grown so attached to. But where to let it go? She couldn’t let it go outside; it would cause too much trouble on school grounds. Bringing Putty home wasn’t an option either.

Lanee found herself walking along the empty corridors, the students either still packing or enjoying the warm air, with the box in hand. She was searching for a place for her pixie to live, but couldn’t think of a single spot. I need a place for Putty to live. She kept thinking, trying to help herself think of good spots.

Suddenly, a creaking noise coming from the bare wall caught her attention. Out of nowhere, a tall wooden door appeared from the wall. The door seemed welcoming, and Lanee’s curiosity pushed her to open the door. Inside was nothing more than a mountain chain of clutter. A perfect place for a pixie.

“Well, if this room come and go’s, I s’pose it’s safe for you, Putty.” Lanee said quietly, opening the lid of the box. She smiled at the sleeping creature, and gently set the box on a nearby table. She knew if she woke him up she wouldn’t be able to part with him. Leaving him safely in the now vanished room, Lanee skipped back to Gryffindor tower, where Dean and Seamus would be waiting for her.

* * * * *

The train sped of quickly, filled with students eager to get home. Dean sat on the floor drawing, Helena lounging on the seat across, and Seamus sitting next to Lanee. At the moment, she noticed how much more different he looked since the beginning of the year. His face had matured, losing some of the childish roundness. He had grown taller and leaner and his jawbone had widened.

She found herself eventually leaning up against Seamus, her back to his chest and his arms around her. Dean smiled and them and flipped to a new page, and began sketching the two friends. Helena shot Lanee and smile and waggled her eyebrows.

Lanee decided not to over analyze it. All she knew is she felt comfortable in her best friend’s arms and didn’t care about much else. Her mother was waiting for her at King’s Cross Station, and just the thought of her family brought a smile to Lanee’s face.

The train finally pulled into King’s Cross Station. Lanee leapt up from the seat where she was falling asleep, quickly hugged her three best friends, and glided off the train. She could easily spot her mother’s bubble gum pink hair among the crowd and ran to meet her.

Nymphadora’s entire face lit up as her daughter approached her. “Lanee!” She screamed in excitement. After hugging, Tonks smile faded as she began to walk towards the woods with Lanee so they could disapporate back to the creek where they lived.

“Lanee, I have to tell you something.” She said quietly.

Lanee was lost in her own happiness, thrilled to be with her mum and still slightly slap happy from the train ride home.

“It’s about your third school year. It might be a bit….well, surprising.”
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it guys! Book/Year Three is on its way!