‹ Prequel: Lumos: Year One
Sequel: Lumos: Year Three
Status: Active, with love!

Lumos: Year Two

Tonks

Little dots were now scattered across Lanee's cheeks, several Gryffindors staring intently. The freckles slowly faded, her skin returning to it's normal pale. But the pale did not stay long, her skin soon darkened into a light tan, illumanating both her hair and eyes. Lanee frowned in discomfort as her skin quickly shifted back to normal.

"It burns a little." Admitted Lanee, taking a huge gulp of her pumkin juice.

"That's cool really. So now that's hair, skin...?" Dean asked.

"And my nails." She held up her hand and her nails quickly grew before shrinking back down. Seamus shivered a little, the nails were kinda creepy. At that moment, owls soared in, casting shawdows over the tables. Lanee glanced up, not spotting any familar owls, except a grey owl she knew was Dean's mum. The owl dropped a small package containing a pack of drawing pencils.

"RONALD WEASLY!" The pencils clashed onto the table, sending a slice of toast right into Seamus's cheek, him spilling water all over Lanee in surprise. His face turned red as he tossed a pile of napkins on her skirt.

"—STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON’T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE—"

"Please don't hit me." Seamus stuttered gathering more napkins. Everyone was too amused and busy laughing, including Lanee, to notice the spilling. Ron sat terrfied as the howler hovered before him, screaming in her mothers voice.

"I'm not!" Lanee giggled, pushing his hands away so she could clean it up herself. "I like you, I won't hurt you." The Irish boys face went pinker, but she didn't notice. Ron's howler was keeping her amused and in a good mood.

"—ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED—YOUR FATHER’S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT’S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE’LL SEND YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." The letter then burst into flames, Lanee mentally noting to send Seamus one just because of that feature. Students continued to laugh as Ron remained red-faced and terrified. It even took Lanee a minute to register what the letter had said. A flying car? And they didn't get expelled? She found herself slightly bitter, knowing that if it were any other students beside Potter and his friends, they would have gotten expelled.

She had often found herself battling her like and dislike for Harry Potter. She knew he was a great kid and was actually quite nice. He didn't abuse his popularity and mostly kept to himself. Yet again, she knew deep down professors, espcially Dumbledore, gave him special treatment. As mush as Lanee knew it wasn't his fault, she couldn't help but feel a little bitterness towards him.

Before their first class, Lanee quickly headed up to her room to change skirts, insiting to Seamus, who couldn't stop apoligizing, that it was no big deal. They headed to the Greenhouse for todays herbology lesson-madrakes. Dean and Seamus seemed to hate them, shoving them in the dirt with as much force as possibly. Lanee, on the other hand, thought they were incredibily fascinating. She took time to examine it as she held it, planting it when Ron yelled at her to get rid of the bloody thing.

Defense Agaisnt the Dark Arts was next, and oh boy, was she dreading it. Gilderoy Lockhart, almost as annoying as Lavender Brown. He strolled around the room, glancing at each one of his students, spending extra time to look at the girl with oddly colored hair.

“Me, Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of the Witch Weekly’s Most-Charming-Smile Award—but I don’t talk about that. I didn’t get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!” Lockhart smiled, showing off a set of pure white teeth.

Lanee was about as entusastic as a rock, while most of the girls seemed to be under a love potion as they listened to Lockhart talk. Hermione Granger seemed to be the worst, practically sitting on her desk since she was leaning forward so much.

“I see you’ve all brought a complete set of my books—well done. I thought we’d start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about—just to check how well you’ve read them, how much you’ve taken in—“ Seamus turned to Lanee nervousily, quiz? None of the three had even cracked opened the books, how were they supposed to take a test? Lockhart annouced they'd had thrity minutes to complete the quiz. Glancing at her paper, she almost burst out laughing.

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart’s favorite color?
2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart’s secret ambition?


She quickly began to write ridicolous answers, blood for number one, and To design a line of fur hats for number two. Writing her name quite largly, Lanee marched to front of the room and slammed her test on his desk, smiling triumphly as she returned to her desk, shooting a wink at Dean and Seamus who seemed to be incredibily nervous. After everyone had finished, he began to glance through the tests, stopping at a few and starting with frowns, she wasn't the only one who bullshitted that test. He then stood up and walked up to where a sheet was covering a a box.

“Now—be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind!” Gilderoy smirked, “You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is to remain calm.” Lanee stared at him with a bored expression. “I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them,” The sheet flew, to reveal a cage of little blue winged creatures. He annouced they were called Cornish Pixies. They didn't look dangerous at all, just annoying.

Seamus snorted loudly, elbowing Lanee and Dean as he laughed. “Well, they’re not—they’re not very—dangerous, are they?” He asked, trying to contain his laughter, after Lockhart addressed him. Lanee didn't catch the next few sentances, all she knew is that a sudden wave of dark blew was quickly filling the room. The three dove to the floor as the pixies went straight for hair, pulling at girls with long locks and at boys who had untucked their ties.

"Let's get out of here!" Seamus yelled, inching towards the door. Dean and Lanee followed, watching as Lockhart fled to his office, the pixies were out of control and he was just leaving the seconds years to round them up? Some teacher. Lanee spotted Potter vioenlty hit a small pixie with a book, sending the poor creature across the room, slamming into the wall before falling to the ground. Her eyes widened as she scrambled over to it.

It's black eyes were shut and it's mouth wide open as it lay unconcious. The left wing bent at an awkwarnd angle, obvousily broken in a few places. Scooping the poor creature up, Lanee wrapped it up in her cloak and set it on top of her belongings in her bag.

"'Nee!" Dean yelled, standing half way in the room, trying not to let any pixies out. She quickly dashed out, fleeing with many other students before class even ended. They returned to the common room, along with a few othher Gryffindors who managed to leave the room.

"Had a pixie in my house once, almost had to move the devil was so evil." Dean said once they returned.

"Oh, they aren't so bad." Added Lanee as they sat. "They...they're just like Peeves. Bloody annoying but not evil."

"I could argue that, Peeves can be quite the-" Seamus began as the rest of the seconds years burst into the room, several with ruffled clothes and frizzy hair. This quickly reminded Lanee what was inside her bag. Making an excuse, she escaped her friends and headed up to her dorm. Grabbing a shoe box from Lavender's trashcan, she stuffed a towl inside and gently lay the awaking pixie into it.

She began to rumage through her trunk, knowing she had some skele-grow in it. She had manged to brew a very small amout over the summer, just one vile, but it would be enough for the pixies whose glass-like bones had been crushed into a powder from the impact. A small orange liquid capture her eye, her scooping it up and dashing back over to the shoe box on her bed.

At this moment, the door swung open. Lanee spun around, sheilding the box with her body. Sighing in releif when she saw Pavarti Patil, she turned back to her box and slid off the lid. Pavarti approached behind her, glancing into the box over her shoulder, gasping in surprise.

"Is that-?"

"A pixie from class? Yeah. Potter smacked it pretty hard and busted it's wing." She scooped it up. The pixis was concious, but barley. The pain in it's wing was obvousily keeping it from reacting to Lanee, but only curled into the warmth of her palm. Pavarit 'ahh'd as Lanee poured a few drops down it's throat. The pixie coughed but only returned to it's fetal position. "Don't tell Brown. Or Gragner, espeicially Granger."

"Of course not. He's so cute, what are you going to name him?" She asked.

"Uh, you got any ideas?" Lanee asked setting him back down into the box and closing it.

"How about Puteulanus?" Pavarti squealed.

"What?"

"It's blue in Latin!"

"You memorized that?" Lanee giggled. "Too long for me. I'll call him Putty for short, kay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? :D