You Sleep in the Bed You Make

Lux, Luna et Angeli.

It was precisely eleven o’clock on a cold winter night when they met, by the light of a full moon. They were excited about this night; they had never been so naughty in all their lives.

They were sick and tired of being always the good girls; everyone else they knew that were similar to them had already slipped on the “good-behave” they should have… and they were the angelic ones, the good ones… and they had had enough of it. They decided they would turn bad, now; they would be as errant as they could possibly be. They would be mean… They would kill someone.

They greeted each other with their right fist beaten to their chest, and with a slight movement of their heads; then, they laughed out loud, just as an owl sang near them. They weren’t scared; they were too excited about their next action to even think about a mere bird. Possibly, they could kill the bird too.

They surrounded the little fire one of them had lighten up, just dancing around it like the dead dance around the living; they weren’t scared to be caught or anything. They never really thought about that chance, and they didn’t need to.

“Lux illuminat tenebras, ut animae mortuorum!” Dannie sang, while swinging the wand she had inside her vests at the fire, watching it twist and raise way above them.

They were like twins: both of their images were look-a-like, their minds were similar, and their names were the same. The just had this mythical bond that no one else could explain; and they even hated the same people. Well, but that was easy though, since they both were a joke to all the people around that didn’t know about their real beings.

Tonight, they would show them who they were, and laugh at their faces just as much as they laughed of theirs; they had had too much, and they needed to stop that exactly on that moment. They were going to call the dead to help them; they’d become dead with them and scare the hateful people that tried to break them down, before. They’d show them all that they were sick and tired of all they had done to them; they were no toys they could play with.

“Sit luna ignem accendat nascentium!” The other Dannie, the taller one, sang, also swinging her wand at the fire; the flames grew even higher, and a thunder was heard in the distance.

“Angeli tenebris ostenderet hostibus qui sumus!” They both screamed, both of their wands pointed at the fire as it disappeared onto the sky and parting in different directions.

With the fire gone, they stood shamelessly in the darkness, looking at each other and laughing aloud at what they had just done; they knew their enemies would be dead soon, and they couldn’t care less. If they hadn’t messed with two of the most powerful witches of their generation, they wouldn’t get such fate.

You sleep in the bed you make, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
“Lux illuminat tenebras, ut animae mortuorum!” = “May the dark light enlighten the souls of the dead!”
“Sit luna ignem accendat nascentium!” = “Let the moon ignite the fire of the unborn!”
“Angeli tenebris ostenderet hostibus qui sumus!” = “Angels of the dark, show our enemies who we are!”

Hope that's clear. [That's Latin.]

XO