Status: Active =] comments are welcomed <3

I Think Its Arrogance

My Biggest Mistake

Ace
---------------
“Grace. Talk to me.” I pleaded as soon as I looked up at her. The pain in her eyes was evident.

“I-it’s nothing Ace. Jess-“ she stammered.

“Jess did this to you?!” I yelled.

“Ace please! Stop!” She cried.

I looked down to see my hand wrapped around her wrist, causing her pain. “Grace, I’m so sorry. I-I just can’t understand how anyone could hurt you like that. It’s not right.”

“Ace, it’s my fault. I ignored him. I deserv-“

“Grace! Do you see what you’re saying!? It isn’t your fault. He doesn’t have the right to even touch you.” I was starting to get angry. No one deserves to be treated like that.

“Ace you don’t understand…” She whispered.

“What don’t I understand Grace? Explain it to me…” I said instantly regretting yelling at her.

She looked up at me, with more tears threatening to fall. The deep purple and blue bruises in her face just below her eye highlighted the visible physical and clear emotional pain in her eyes.“I'm sorry Ace..” she whispered as she ran to the other side of the tree house.

I didn’t run after her. I had ruined so much. I couldn’t go after her. I sat down against the door of the tree house. I threw my head back, not caring about the pain I caused by doing so. I could hear muffled sobs from Grace. I couldn’t do this. I can’t. I groaned as I stood up to walk over to Grace. “Grace?” I called out as I was walking to her. When I found her, she was sitting inside the tree house sitting in a corner with her head in her hands.

“Grace I’m sorry. I had no right to be like this. I just don’t know what to do. Or even say for that matter.” I said as I ran my hand threw my hair. When she didn’t respond I walked over and sat next to her. “Grace please talk to me…”

“Ace…” She whispered, “I can’t do this…”

“Can’t do what..?”

“I can’t be here… He’ll be mad at me…” She said even softer. “He’ll notice I’m not as school and then go to my house.”

“Is that a bad thing?” I questioned.

“Yes. Very.”

“Grace. He’s your boyfriend, not your parole officer. You don’t have to tell him.” I stated.

“The last time I didn’t talk to him for a while he came to my house and yelled at me,” she cried.

“Seriously?” I asked in shock. She simply nodded her head. “Grace. When was that?” I asked.

“Last night.” She said flatly.

“After the show?” She nodded, “What else happened?”

“He saw you car and then questioned who brought me home. When I asked why it mattered I got this.” She said as she pointed to the bruise on her face. “But, he had hit me earlier though too and even in the same spot. That’s why I was at your show. I was walking home after when I heard music.” She paused for a moment but I stayed quiet so she could continue. “Anyways. He was there when you dropped me off. I didn’t notice it was his car. I thought it was my mom’s car. Once I got in the door, he screamed at me. Asking whom it was who dropped me off. I knew well enough not to say it was you. So he hit me. He screamed at me more. I let it slip that a guy dropped me off and he flipped. My mom came home though so he told me we would talk about it today, but I decided it would be tough and tell him that we wouldn’t and he threw me into the wall and I hit a table.” She sighed and then continued, “Next thing I knew it was five AM.”

“Grace I’m so sorry. If I knew that then I-“

“Ace don’t,” She interrupted, “You didn’t know. I didn’t want anyone to know, but you know now. And I hope that you won’t tell anyone.”

I locked my eyes with hers; I could see the brokenness in them. “I promise.”

--♥--


“Grace. I'm not letting you walk home. It will take you hours. Let me drive you.” I pleaded.

She bit her lip nervously, a habit of hers, then nodded slowly. I walked over to the passenger side door and opened it for her. She giggled quietly and then got in. I shut the door after she had been inside and then walked to the driver’s side and got in.

“Grace let me see your phone.” I said simply.

Her head snapped to look at me with fear in her eyes. “W-why?” she stuttered.

“I was going to put my number in there..” I said nicely, “In case you need me.”
Her face flushed with embarrassment. “Oh.”

I laughed quietly and took out my phone, “How about this, you give me your number and I’ll text you so you have my number?”

She nodded and then told me her number. I programmed it into my phone then texted her.

To: Grace
Turn that frown upsidedown! ;P


She giggled when she read the message. “Thanks Ace.”

“No problem Knight.” I said as I started my car.

--♥--


“NO!” Grace yelled as I pulled up to the curb near her house.

“Grace what?!” I panicked.

“HE’S HERE! JESS IS HERE!” she yelled again.

“I’ll go in.” I stated.

“NO!” She cried. “GO! LEAVE! NOW!” she fumbled to open the car door.

“Grace I’m not leaving you here with him!” I said calmly.

“Please Ace!” She asked desperately. “You’ll make things worse!”

I sat there for a moment then looked at the time. 7:13. “Call me by 8 or I’m coming here. Got it?”

“Thank you Ace. I promise I’ll call.” She said as she closed the door quickly and ran to her house.

I drove away from her house before she even made it to the door.

That was my biggest mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww there getting closer! =]

What do y'all think is gunna happen next? comment to let me know ;]

Comment=love<3

P.S. What do y'all think of the new layoutt? =]