No More Room To Breathe

Chapter 12

**********Marilyn’s POV***********

I woke up disoriented and groggy. Memories of what had happened earlier, what I’d shared with Maika, ran through my head. He had held me when I cried, not once letting on that he was afraid of what I’d said. He was sweet.

I’ve never had anyone like this since Shane, nobody to REALLY understand me. Now I have Maika. I wondered all this through wide eyes, staring at the wall next to Maika’s bed.

I sighed, turned over, and snuggled closer into Maika’s chest. I would’ve been content to stay there all day, but something was off. He was holding me differently and he smelled of stale cigarettes.

*I’ve never seen him smoking….,* the thought ran through my head nonchalantly, and didn’t the guys have a show?

I opened my eyes to see scarred hands on top of mine…..hands that were all too familiar. A tremor went up my spine and I stiffened right before a hand clamped down on my mouth, choking off any remains of a scream.

“It’s good to see you, Mar. Let’s go for a ride.”

Jason began to drag me from Maika’s room and down the hall. I clutched my towel to myself hoping he didn’t get any ideas.

*How long was he lying with me?* I thought, fighting the urge to be sick.

Jason had my arm in a vise-like grip while I screamed and kicked and broke anything I could get my hands on. I came away with cuts and bruises. Blood ran down my arms and onto the carpet. It smeared on the walls as I tried and failed to grab onto anything that could anchor me. Looking back I wondered how that towel managed to hide anything.

“Oh, look! Your little Loverboy left you a note. How sweet of him!” Jason sneered, gasping slightly as he fought to keep a grip on my arm. I stopped dead.

Dear Marilyn,
Went to the radio show with
the guys. We’ll be back by
4. I can’t wait to have some alone time.
Love,
Maika

I read the note as tears began to blur my vision.

*Love? He loves me?*

I realized that I loved him too. Tears ran freely down my cheeks as my situation began to sink in.

*It’s too late….*

Jason laughed harshly as he pulled me out the door and into his car, I looked around for someone, ANYONE. Nobody was around. I looked at the digital clock in Jason’s beat-up car.

*2:23 PM!* my mind screamed, *Everyone’s having a normal day at work, while I’m being kidnapped!*
It’d be at least another hour and a half before Maika came home and discovered I was gone. Jason started the car, and we sped off to God knows where.

***************Jason’s POV*****************

It was all too easy after those four losers left. The dark haired one had looked right at me before they left. I thought he’d seen me, but his friend had started yelling and he was too preoccupied to remember what he had been doing. I got out of my car and snuck around the back of the house. It was a hot day and I can imagine what a “rockin band” made.

Not enough for an A/C system.

So, of course, the windows were open.

*People just don’t realize how easy they make it…...* I sighed.

It’s not like I minded the lack of challenge. I climbed through one of the larger windows and took a look around the house. It was small, plain….

*Homey,* I thought with a grimace. Just the kind of thing Marilyn would go for.

I went down the narrow hallway, looking in every room. But, it was in the last room on the left where I found what, or rather who, I was looking for. Marilyn. Sound asleep and in only a towel. I just stood over her for awhile.

*I could end it here,* I contemplated this for about three seconds. No, that wouldn’t be as fun.

****************************************

I had been lying next to her for about twenty minutes when she began to stir. At first, she moved closer to me, pressing herself against me.

*No doubt she thinks it’s Maika lying next to her,* I thought, disgusted.

It didn’t last too long. I saw her brow furrow just before her eyes opened. I stopped her scream with a hand.

“It’s good to see you, Mar. Let’s go for a ride.”

I dragged her from the bed and down the hall. She didn’t make it easy either. She struggled and fought the entire way and had the cuts to prove it. I had hoped to take her secretly, but after the damage she’d done her housemates would know something was wrong. I turned, and spying a piece of paper moved closer to read.

“Oh, look! Your little Loverboy left you a note. How sweet of him!”

Marilyn froze in her flailing, read the note with a myriad of expressions, and began to cry. I laughed as I dragged her to my waiting car.

*Serves the whore right.*

I sped down the street before someone decided to get too nosy.

*By the time they realize she’s gone, it’ll be too late to save her. I’ll make her regret every second I spent in prison. I’ll make sure she never forgets Jason Hartlett.*
I looked into the rearview mirror, seeing Marilyn's petrified eyes....and it only made me want this even more.