No More Room To Breathe

Chapter 14

***********Maika’s POV*************

51.
Fifty-one.
That’s how many Dr. Pepper’s I’d had since Marilyn disappeared. She’s been gone for nearly a week. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t think. I sure as hell couldn’t sleep.
“C’mon, man,” said Christian as he handed me another stack of missing flyers. We’d been hanging them all over town. The police were doing all they could. I’d reminded them of her past and of Jason, who was nowhere to be found. Sighing, I hung another flyer and followed Christian to a bench outside Trance Rock. Chris and Jay came up not soon after.
“Don’t worry, dude. We’ll find her," Chris said to me, patting my back.
“I hope so. I don’t think I can live without her.” I was staring at the sidewalk when a pair of dark brown Doc Marten’s entered my view.
“Hey, you’re a friend of Marilyn’s right?”
I looked up to see a crazily dressed, super skinny girl. She had on aqua colored skinny jeans, a yellow halter top, and a leather jacket. Her ensemble was completed with a nametag that said “Welcome to Trance Rock! My name is Zoe!”
“Uhmmm, yeah. I’m her boyfriend, actually.”
“Well, you look like a drunk caveman," she said, sitting next to me and knocking Christian off of the bench in the same fluid motion.
I looked at the girl in amazement. “Who are you?”
“Are you a queen by any chance?!" Christian yelled getting off the ground. “Queen of the Benches?!?!”
“No, I’m Zoe. Duh, read the tag.” She turned away from Christian’s stunned expression to look at me.
“But, anyways, I’ve got a note for a guy named Maika. That you?”
“A note? Yeah, I’m Maika.”
“Well, here ya go," she said handing me the note and getting up to leave.
“Wait! Who’s it from?”
She turned back, shrugging. “Some creepy guy left it and said to give it to a guy of your description." She looked down at the frayed laces on her shoes. "Ya know, I hope you find her. We’re not all touchy feely or exclusive, more like work acquaintances, but we were kinda the closest things to friends each other had before she met you.” She gave Christian one more appraising look before turning and walking back into the store.
“hm. Mar never mentioned a Zoe before. But, I think she likes you, bro!” Jay said poking at Christian.
Christian rolled his eyes. “Pfft. Yeah, I could totally tell.” He reclaimed his seat next to me and pointed at the note.
I opened it.
Maika,
You want Marilyn back? Come n get her.
No cops or she dies. 76832 Cayes Rd.
JASON

“Oh my God.”
“What?!" Chris asked, taking the note from my trembling hand. “Holy Shit!”
All the air had been knocked from my lungs. I knew where she was.

I just had to get her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter I have prepared. I plan to continue this story before beginning others. Questions? Comments? Even if you think it's the most horribly written story you've ever read....TELL ME!! :) I'll take all comments into account!