No More Room To Breathe

Chapter 4

*********************************************
I watched from my van across from the Trance Rock music store. Marilyn walked into the store and went into the back.

*Funny*, I thought,* ...she wasn't into this sorta music when we hung out.*

Marilyn seemed less alive nowadays. I know I had killed someone she cared about, well...at least she thought she cared about him. But, now that I'm back, she'll be so happy to see me she won't remember any of that!
I turned my eyes back to the store. Four guys were making their way inside. None of them seemed that important. But, I continued to watch the little music store like a hawk anyways. For some reason, those four guys started goin nuts.
*What the fuck's goin on?* I wondered to myself.

The guy with short hair called something to his friend on the other side of the store. I noticed Marilyn stiffen.

I didn't like this... What did this loser mean to her?! Did she know him?

Rage immediately engulfed me. He didn't seem to know her at least. Another guy with long, brown hair was trying to get Marilyn's attention as she ogled. They talked before she walked to another part of the store and began flipping through CDs.

The guy she had been watching seemed to notice her then. He followed.

*I'll have to keep tabs on this one,* I thought grimly,* just another inconvenience.*

They talked for a while and kept smiling at each other.She handed him a CD and had an identical copy in her hand.Then the guy grabbed Marilyn's hand and began writing something.

*What the hell is he writing on MY girl's hand?!*

Marilyn looked shocked and panicked as she stared at her open palm.

Good, whatever he wrote..she doesn't like it, I sneered.

But, to my growing surprise and agitation, her face slowly broke out into a grin. She looked up at the guy with dark hair again. She made herself look away when he didn't, blushing. He said something and walked away, looking back to smile at her. She returned the smile, but with some reservation and doubt, and headed back to the register.
The guy with the long brown hair came up and asked Marilyn something.

*Do I have to worry about this jagoff too?*

But she didn't look at this guy the same way she looked at his friend...the way she used to look at me. Her reply to him obviously made him even more excited than before and he engulfed her in a hug.

*Nobody touches MY girl*, I growled internally. *Looks like I'll have to pay these boys a visit.* My head spun with ideas just thinking of that phrase.

Just as they had come in, they left. Except the one who wrote on Marilyn's hand turned back to give her one last smile.

Then I KNEW!
*
That's the one I'll deal with first...*

I cut the four guys off as I pulled away from the curb, not even sparing them a backwards glance. I drove away already forming the plan in my head.