Medicina Alternativa

Medicina Alternativa 1

'Beep.'
The sound of yet another text message coming through sent Craig's heart sinking. What is it now. He hesitated before checking his phone, unsure whether to be hurt or annoyed.
'It's because I don't think it was love.' the screen read.
A small almost unnoticeable tear rolled down the teens cheek and as it did so, he held his head down trying to hide this unfamiliar emotion from himself. Black spikes of hair fell into his deep blue eyes and blanketed the multiplying tears. It was not often that Craig Tucker found himself crying like this, especially not over something that he would usually pass as stupid, something as pathetic to him as love.

'It's because I don't think it was love.' Craig re-read these words carefully. This was new to him. It was the first time ever that the other person had ended the relationship and not himself done it. However, when he does it, it is at least reasonably expected. Not just randomly out of the blue like this person was doing. Even so, maybe it wouldn't piss him off as much if the reason for them breaking up was the slightest bit true. "Didn't think it was love." he muttered to himself.

By now his tears had stopped. "More like you were cheating with someone better than me." The tears had stopped up until that sentence escaped Craig's mouth. As he bit his lip trying to hold back the more tears to come he began to realise something.
He began to realise that it wasn't so much love that he was crying about but lies. Craig had been lied to. Again.
When he thought about it more, it seemed to him that's all love ever turned out to be in the end. Lies; you fall in love, thinking it will last forever and ever. Feeling that overwhelming happiness that can never be stopped or changed, can it? Yes. It can. Truth is, love will always come to a halt and as much as love may be true at the time, it vanishes the minute it ends. If love is forever then that truth is now claimed false.
Or did love even exist. After all, what love is in reality is simply sexual attraction towards someone. Well, at least the love Craig was thinking of is. One person attracted to the others genetics to create a good match for their own to produce ideal offspring. That is all.

Craig shook his head. He was thinking too much. Why the hell did he give a shit anyway. No way he needed something like love to help his life. It seems more a girly thing. Maybe he should just lay back and sleep on the matter like he usually had done in his past problems. This way he can just find an escape route in sleep, wake up the next morning careless as ever , a new day and start a fresh. Like the problem never mattered in the first place.
The hormonal teen slumped into bed resting his head in the two pillows that sat on one end of his single bed. Remembering all his past relationships and how they had all gone to shit. How they all were shit. How they didn't matter and never did. How that if Craig never fell in love again everything would be fine. Ha. He was feeling better already.

.~~.

Monday was as dull and boring as ever for Craig who was currently doodling on his sheet of paper, eyelids drooped, sat in a slouched position at his graffiti covered desk. The morning lessons had moved pretty slow and the afternoon ones seemed even slower. What class is he in right now. Craig was so bored he couldn't even remember.
A voice at the front of the classroom went on to talk about quantum physics or some bull crap. 'Quantum physics'? Whoa. He really hadn't been listening. What the hell is quantum physics.
Then around him started up new voices. These were the voices of the douche bags in his class. Being kept back a grade was one thing but having to spend it in a room full of idiots all day was even worse.

The raven haired teen glared as the thought about how annoying they all were. One-by-one he started stabbing them with his sapphire bladed eyes. Kyle's desk was next to his on the left. Kyle was an OK guy but he was such a know-it-all and -ugh- his voice. It's so whiney and irritating.
In front of him sat Bebe -bitch. Behind him, Clyde, probably the only one of them he could put up with enough to hang around with. Him and Token maybe.

For a second Craig had forgotten who sat to his right. As he turned his head and looked he soon remembered. Tweek. How could he forget. Tweek was the boy who had this strange nervous twitch in his eye. The little coffee-addict who's father ran the Harbucks in town. Craig examined Tweek. The shorter teen had crazy golden blonde hair with jagged bangs grazing his huge hazel green eyes. The dark green shirt he was wearing untidily contrasted his pale cheeks and the darkness under his eyes suggested he wasn't getting good sleep. Probably from gulping down so much coffee.

Craig faced the front of the room to check the time on the wall clock but he couldn't quite see because Bebe's fat head was in the way. The noirette sighed of boredom, anger and all the other negative emotions he felt towards the people in this fucking room.
A good few minutes later , to Craig's content, the bell finally rang. Thank God.
As much as he felt he wanted to, Craig didn't dash out of the room as speedily as the others did. Instead he kept his cool and gently swaggered out into the corridor. How childish of them to run out like maniacs. Geez. Were not eight anymore.

Swinging his coat over his shoulder, Craig made his way down towards the exit. In the corridor on his way there he passed Eric Cartman who was shoving a candy bar into his chubby face. As soon as Cartman caught sight of the much slimmer and way more handsome teen he quickly swallowed. "Hey there cock sucker." Craig's face remained blank as he ignored the fatass. "Heard your girlfriend dumped you. I wonder why. Oh, I know. Maybe because you're an asshole and no-one likes you." Cartman chuckled cruelly. Still Craig's face appeared expressionless.
"Yeah. At least I can get a girl unlike you fat boy."
Fat boy yelled after him "Hey! I'm not fat, I'm big boned."
'Whatever.' Craig flipped him off then continued out of the double doors leading him out into the cool yet sunny weather outside.

Suddenly someone called his name. "Yo, Craig." He jerked his head to see Token approaching him along with Clyde and some red headed girl whom Craig was unfamiliar with. He looked at them each in turn waiting for them to say something else.
"Do you have plans this evening?" Asked the maroon haired Clyde.
"No." He replied bluntly and blankly.
"Wanna hang out? A few of us are headin' over to the park later." Craig's face said nothing and neither did his lips. Wow. The park. "There will be alcohol." Clyde finished knowing that this would most defiantly grab Craig's attention.
"Oh." Is all he replied with, debating in his head whether or not to join them. Token swung his arm around Craig's shoulder. He raised an eyebrow at his black friend.
"Come on , dude. It'll be fun." Craig stayed quiet. "Well, if you change your mind call me. Or just show up. Everyone's meeting at seven." the three others watched Token set off for home, Craig taking his offer into consideration.

.~~.

"Who was that girl?" Craig interrupted Clyde from babbling on about some new movie that he had seen. It took about 15 minutes to walk home from school and in that time he did not want to listen to Clyde's mindless chatter about uninteresting movies. Even if he was in a good mood Clyde's conversation would bore him, it would bore anyone.

"Huh?" Clyde didn't seem to bothered that Craig had cut off his speech "Oh, that was Jenny."
"Is she your girlfriend?" The brunette paused for a second before he cleared his throat.
"No," he sucked in the outdoor air "not exactly." Clyde stared at Craig "Why do you care anyway? Jealous?" he giggled.
"Not at all." The noirette's smirk hid his pain as he added "In fact, I'm done with love. Forever. Who the fuck needs it anyway. Not me." His friend laughs at him whilst nudging Craig's side.
"You say that now b-" Clyde is cut off by a playful shove from Craig.
"I say that now and I mean it. Screw love."

Five more steps and Craig was home. Home-sweet-home. He swung open the front door and let himself in the house before gently slamming it shut again. Relieved to be back from school, Craig happily dumped his bag on the ebony leather couch then made it to his bedroom. His blue hat was then threw onto the bed , himself following. Birds chirped from the garden, Craig thought about how they didn't have to deal with silly emotions and how they just fly around in the sky all day singing joyful tunes.
Music could be heard somewhere in the distance, supposedly from a passing by car. The song reminded him of when he was younger. Young and innocent, not yet aware of his current feeling's existence. He was so happy as a child; long days out with his family, no homework, it was great. Such a shiny, enthusiastic little boy they all told his parents things like these. How did I get from that to this.
Now all people saw him as was someone not to be messed with. A dark, strong character with no rules. Did and said as he wanted. When he wanted. Badass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1 of my first fanfic. :)