Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Green?

“Hey, it’s Jeff. Sorry I can’t answer my phone right now. Please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.”

“UGH!” I laid down on my bed. I had been trying to call Jeff all day. I wasn’t mad. I really wasn’t. I was mostly just hurt that he let Madeline ruin things, as always. I got up and walked into the kitchen to grab my daily apple.

“Hey, is it daily apple time already?” Madeline said laughing. I said nothing. “You really can’t think I made Jeff break off your date right?” She said practically reading my mind.

I hopped up to sit on the counter and swung my legs back and forth.

“Look, I understand you are very green ok? However, you didn’t need t-“I said

“Did you just say I was GREEN?”

“Yeah, like green, jealous, envy?” I said. “That’s just what my grandma always said.”

“Oh,” Madeline said. “HEY I WAS NOT JEALOUS!”

“Right like you’re never jealous when I have plans and you don’t. I get this and that and you can’t just let me be happy! I am always feeling bad for you being left out somehow!” I said practically yelling. “And you did the same thing to Jeff. And that’s why I’m mad at you, not Jeff, because he fell right into your little ‘I’m so SAD ACT!’”

“IT WASN’T AN ACT!”

“YOU SAID YOU WANTED ME TO ASK HIM OUT! THEN YOU GET ALL UGH!” I said jumping off the counter. I take a huge bite of my apple. “I’m waiting for an apology until then I have every right to be mad. I’m not mad about losing the date. I just can’t believe you would DO that”

“I’m not apologizing. I have Max, so why would I need Jeff?” She said in my face.

“Because Max is just a, you know. And you just were trying to make yourself feel better about not being ‘chosen’ by Jeff.” I said lowering my voice. Just then I heard the door close. And there stood Jeff.

“Have you guys seen my keys? I can’t find them.” He said.

“How long have you been there?” Madeline asks. I take another bite of my apple and throw it in the garbage.

“Did you lose your phone too?” I ask.

“Actually, now that you mention it-“

“Jeff! How long have you been here?!” Madeline said.

“I just heard that, umm, everything?” He asked trying to sound innocent. We heard a phone buzz in the living room.

“Not mine.” I said.

“Me either.” Madeline says.

“Then its mine.” Jeff said.

“I wonder why I didn’t hear it ringing earlier.” I said.

“Six missed calls?” Jeff said looking at me.

“Hey! I only called five. And only to say what I just said to Madeline.”

“Oh, my mom just called,” Jeff said walking to the door. “Just so you know, I would really like to have you two at the All-Star game.” And he shut the door behind him.

“I’m still waiting for an apology.” I said and walked towards my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again a little short, but i'm going somewhere with this.