Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Kiss Me

“You alright?” Max asks me.

Looking up I answer, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Max gives me a weird expression. “I don’t think you are. As soon as you got in the car you looked sad.” I love that about Max, he totally knows me.

I sigh and go back to looking out the window. “It’s just that Sierra and I are in a really big fight right now and with Jeff…”

“Wait, who’s Jeff?”

I shake my head. “No one. He doesn’t matter.”

“Are you sure?” He asked as we pull into the North Hills parking lot.

“Yeah, I’m good.” I said about to get out. He leans over kiss me goodbye.

“Um,” I say before his lips touch mine.

He stops leaning and looks up at me, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I answer and quickly lean over to kiss him.

He put his hand on my shoulder and kisses me harder like he’s wanted to do this for a really long time. I couldn’t help but feel guilty about everything with Jeff and lifted away.

He looks up at me almost disappointed “Goodnight,” I say, I had a lot of fun tonight, call me later?” I wait for him to nod then close the car door and go to the entrance of the North Hills apartments.

*** Sierra’s POV

I was with Jeff sitting on the couch watching old Friends re-runs.

“So?” I say.

“So what?” Jeff says turning away from Friends, looking at me.

“So how was your night last night?” I say and immediately regret it.

He shrugs and says, “I wish I didn’t cancel after I heard you guys talking slash yelling.”

“It’s OK. I’m just waiting for Madeline to come to her senses and apologize.”

“Yeah, I understand.” He said. “We all made some mistakes.”

I faux-laugh “Ain’t that the truth,”

He laughs too scooting closer to me and puts his arm on my shoulder in a sarcastic sort of way. “So how was your day?” He asks trying to lighten the mood.

“The usual classes, and college drama,” I said agreeing to get rid of the tension.

“Sounds so busy,” he says leaning in to kiss me. My eyes start to close and my heart races but his lips never reach mine. I wait a couple more seconds before I open my eyes and see Jeff looking past my face in the direction of the front door so I turn around and see Madeline staring at us, her eyes narrowing like they always do when she’s angry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for all the readers, and please comment on who you think Jeff should date.