Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Totally Honest

I was shocked. I just couldn’t believe, after all the three of us have been through I just walked in on Jeff and Sierra kissing.

Jeff’s eyes were wide, “Madeline it’s seriously not what it looks like!”

“Oh really, because it looks like you guys were kissing,” I could feel the anger rising inside of me.

“Almost,” I heard Sierra say in an almost complaining tone. “Almost kissed.”

“Almost?” I asked repeating what Sierra said, “What do you mean almost?”

“Well, as you saw, we were close to kissing but we didn’t.” Sierra said sounding annoyed that she had to explain. Wasn’t it embarrassing enough already?

“Yes, almost,” Jeff confirms, “It’s getting late, I think I’m gonna go,”

“Okay, bye.” I snap still in shock.

I thought Sierra was going to be angry but she was actually sad, “Bye Jeff,” she says with her beautiful brown eyes filling with sadness.

“Bye,” he murmurs awkwardly to Sierra and I, and before I knew it he was gone and I was alone with Sierra.

“I’m going to bed,” Sierra announces getting up,

“No way we need to talk,” I snap back, “Now sit back down.”

She sighs but sits back down.

“I think I said everything this morning.” Sierra says.

“Well, I’ve got a question,” I say. “Why did Jeff come here tonight?”

“Um, I got a text from him saying he was feeling bad about what happened, and we were going to just talk but I had the TV on Friends and he said it was his favorite show so…” Sierra said.

“Just to be clear and totally honest, you were right about Max. I didn’t really want to go out with him. I wanted to get over Jeff. But I do, did really like him. Tonight though, after this,” I said waving my arms gesturing to the room. “I feel bad about trying to make him feel bad for me, but I can’t believe you as my best friend would agree to go out with him.”

“You never said you-“

“Yeah, I know, I never did say I liked him, and I’m sorry okay? I just thought you could take a hint, and don’t act all innocent.”

“I didn’t know you wanted to ask him out because you told me to, and I thought you know maybe I really should. When he said he wanted to ask me out, I got overwhelmed. I guess I didn’t put myself in your shoes.” Sierra says.

“But if he really likes you, you shouldn’t break it off. Maybe I can work something out with Max but I really don’t think I’ll ever be able to get over Jeff, I’m sorry,” I say with my eyes tearing up.

“I don’t want you to hate me or him for it though. Maybe it’s like a sign. Maybe I shouldn’t go out with him at all.”

“But that’s back where we started, and honestly I want you to at least try to make it work out with Jeff. OK?” I say.

She shrugs and answers, “I guess but we probably would need to talk to Jeff first,” She says smiling like she use to.

I smile too, “It’s good to have you back” I say going over to her giving her a hug.

She laughs, “You too, you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you know this chapter had 553 words. and anything that has the number 53 involved I freak. so i added 2 extra words just so it would get to 553.

ENJOY!