Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Good and Getting Better

I was sitting on my bed and Madeline comes in and sits next to me.

“Madeline, are you sure you want me to go tonight?” I ask.

“Of course I do. I really want you to go out with Jeff.” Madeline says. I stand up and walk to the door.

“Well, I better go then. Jeff wants to meet me in the lobby.” I turn and wave. “Bye.”

I walked down the hall and into the elevator, as long as Madeline really wanted me to go, then I was felt ok going out with Jeff. When the door opens I saw Jeff standing by the door.

“Hey,” Jeff says. “How are you?”

“Good and getting better.” I say. “That’s what my grandma always says.” He laughs and holds the door open for me.

“After you,” He says pointing to the left. “My car is right there.”

I got in the car and buckled my seatbelt. “So when are you going to tell me where we are going?” I ask.

“When we get there.” He says mocking me. He turns on the radio to a country station. “You like country?” He asks.

“Of course, I am from North Carolina.”

“You do kind of have a little bit of an accent.”

“Really? I mean, I say ya’ll sometimes. But I never really thought I had that noticeable of an accent.” I say. “What about you? You don’t sound very Canadian. I don’t think I have ever heard you say ‘eh’.”

“Haha,” He says fake-laughing. “Not all Canadians do.”

“I guess. Are we almost there?” I ask sounding anxious.

“Why? Do you wanna know?” He says poking me in the side.

“STOP IT!” I yell. “I am very ticklish.”

“Good to know.” He says mischievously.

“Don’t you dare! EVER!” I say. He turns into a parking lot in front of a outdoor restaurant overlooking the water.

“Whoa, it’s so pretty!” I say.

“Glad you like it,” He says getting out of the car and walks over to open my door.

“I don’t like it.” I say.

“What?” He says sounding confused.

“I LOVE it.” I say laughing.

“Whew. I was nervous there for a second.”

***

“Hey, Madeline I’m home.”

“Hey.” Madeline says walking into the living room. I kick off my shoes and flop down on the couch.

“Where’s the remote?” I say searching the couch.

“Wait a second. I want some details.” Madeline says.

“He took me to a really pretty restaurant. We talked and ate. And I had the most amazing brownie ever.”

“I’m really glad you didn’t let me get in the way.”

“You weren’t in the way.” I say.

“Whatever. I’m just glad you had fun.”

“Thanks I’m glad I did too.” I say laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's really short. But its really important.