Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Goodnight Dah-ling.

Here I was sitting around a table with my best friend, a great guy, and a Max, whatever he was classified as, and I was having to be fake happy. I hate having to be fake happy because if feels just that, fake. I can only remember having to be faking happy a few other times, mostly when I went out with one of my brothers friends. I could see it in Jeff’s eyes. He, like me, was disconnected. We were both there, talking, but it did not feel right. This was my first time really being with Max and Madeline. They both looked so happy, genuinely happy. As so as I could get alone, with Jeff I knew what I had to do.

“Can we get the check ma’am?” Max askes the waitress.

“Sure thing.” She says and walks away. As soon as we pay, we all got up and left. It started to rain.

“Oh great.” Madeline says pulling her jacket over her head.

“Here you go,” Jeff says handing me his. “I wouldn’t want to let you get your pretty little hair all wet.”

“You’re too kind sir.” I say stepping out into the rain with the jacket over my head. We all run to or cars. As soon as Jeff started his car, the AC turned on full blast.

I scream. “TOO COLD!”

He reached and turned the air off. “Better?”

“Much.” I say. Jeff pulled out onto the highway and I got lost in my thoughts once again. I can’t do it, who in their right mind would break up with Jeff Skinner? I didn’t want it to be me, but I knew it wasn’t going to work out. And as much as I didn’t want to blame it on Madeline I knew it was her fault. Her stupid ‘I’m so sad’ fault.

“Jeff?” I say.

“What is it DAH-LING?” He says with a corny accent.

I laugh and it took me nearly five minutes to stop.

“I wasn’t that funny.” Jeff says.

“No, you’re hilarious DAH-LING.” I say mimicking his accent, and before I know it we are both in hysterics.

“What were you going to say?” He says once he catches his breath.

“Nothing and I will NEVER SAY IT!” I scream still laughing. We are just having a great time now and he really is super nice. Maybe he just felt odd about Max. Before I know it we are in the parking lot and the rain has slowed to just a sprinkling. Jeff walks me up to the elevator and gets off on my floor.

“G’night.” I say and he kisses me on the forehead.

“Goodnight DAH-LING.” He says and I double over laughing.

“You are too cute.” I holler down the hallway after him. Just then, Max and Madeline step out of the elevator.

“That’s awkward.” Max says, and Jeff and I start laughing again.

“SWEET DREAMS DAH-LING.” Jeff yells just as the elevator door closes and I walk inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter took a major turn and I hope you like it