Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Unique Names

I knock on Jeff’s door hoping he was still home. I wasn’t sure what time he had to leave for the Fan Fair.

“Hello?” A pretty girl says.

“Hi,” I say. “Is Jeff here?”

“Oh my gosh. Are you Sierra? You are so pretty!”

“Haha, yeah, that’s me.” I say.

“Come on in. Jeff just left sorry, but I’m his sister, Jill.” She says. “Can I get you anything?”

“Oh no sorry, I was just going to wish Jeff good luck before the Super Skills tonight.” I say. “Just tell him I stopped by if you see him.”

“OK. If you’re not busy maybe we could hang out?”

“Actually I was going to paint my living room.” I say.

“I’m so bored! Jeff has just been so busy, and I don’t know anyone. Could I help?” Jill says.

“Sure if you want to.”

“Thanks, Let me just change.”

“OK.” I say. Jill gets changed and we go up to our apartment.

“So is this you and Madeline’s apartment?”

“It’s Madeline’s brother, John’s. He got married and his wife, Janie, has a job in Texas so they had to move and he is letting us stay here.”

“Do you have any siblings?”

“Yeah, I have a twin brother, State and a younger brother Byrum.” I say. “I know they have weird names, but my mom wanted me and State to have the same initials. And Byrum’s middle name is Heath so he goes by Heath because what kind of person would want to go by Byrum.”

“I think it’s cool to have unique names like that.” Jill says and I open the door. “What’s your middle name?”

“Mine is Belle-Anne and State’s is Brown.” I say. “We have some very interesting names.”

Jill laughs. “I think it is really cool. None of us have a middle name.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Jill says. “So what should I do?”

“I already covered the furniture. So just pick a wall and start painting. I'm very sorry if Ebay attacks you.” I say as Ebay wanders into the room. Jill and I paint for a while and we get along really well. She is so nice and sweet.

“So are you in 11th grade?” I ask.

“10th, Jeff and me are a full two years apart.”

“Right, do you have any idea about what you want to do for college?”

“I would really like to come to the states. But I’m not positive." She says.

“You have plenty of time to figure it out.” I say. Jill laughs.

“Well,” I say stepping back. “I think we did a really good job. It looks awesome.”

“Yeah, it does.” Jill says stepping off her ladder.

“Thank you so much for your help. I couldn’t have done this alone.”

“It was no problem. I had fun. More fun than I would have had sitting at home.”

“Do you want to sit with me and Madeline at the game tomorrow?” I ask taking my smock off.

“Sure, I would love to.” Jill says. “Well I guess I will see you tomorrow.”

“Thanks so much! Bye.” I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one pretty much sucks. But i thought it kind of needed a little background info on the characters. and the living room needed some painting.