Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Always Forgiving

Before I knew it, Madeline was gone, I was in the little living room alone with, Sierra sitting on the couch, her face was red and her eyes were puffy but she wasn’t crying. I couldn’t help but sigh with relief. I’m sorry but I never know what to do when people cry, especially if it’s my fault.

I sit on the couch next to her and words just start spilling out of my mouth, “I’m sorry, I really wanted to tell but I didn’t want to hurt you, I knew something like this was going to happen and both of you are such great girls, I just hate to see either of you sad! I’m just, I’m so sorry!”

“Jeff I, I don’t know what to say,” She says taking in a shaky breath “You made me feel so happy when I was with you and I knew this was going to happen but I didn’t want it too, specially after that double date, I just, I just can’t believe I thought that if I ignored it everything would be okay,”

“Things can be okay!” I say thinking about what Madeline said.

She shakes her head, “I seriously doubt it, I can’t forgive Madeline for what she did, and you, you just got sucked right into it,”

I shake my head, “No, I really did truly like you, a lot, but the key word is did, I found things I liked about you so quickly, your bubbly personality, and your beautiful smile, but the point is, I found things I liked about Madeline too, I kissed her, not because I felt bad but because I wanted to,” I sigh, “I’m not perfect, you keep blaming it all on Madeline but it’s my fault too,”

Sierra looked at me, “Fine, it’s your fault too, now what?”

“Now,” I say, “Now we need to solve our problems,”

“What problems?” Sierra asks actually turning towards me this time.

“You and Madeline need to make up, it’s my fault, not hers don’t be mad at her,”

She shakes her head, “She didn’t tell me, she went along with it, and she isn’t you,”

“Isn’t me? What does that mean?”

“She isn’t as cute and forgivable as you,” Sierra says kinda embarrassed.

“Ok,” I say not knowing how to answer so I smile, “Come, move back in with Madeline, it’s not her fault, you need to understand that and this has been the hardest on her,”

Sierra shrugs, “Maybe, I don’t know though, I don’t want to be like this, I hate all this drama, but what she did was seriously wrong, I don’t want her to think that she can just do it again, and it might have been hard on her but it hurt me the most,”

I felt so guilty, “I’m sorry, for everything, but if you’re looking for someone to blame, have it be me, not your best friend, it’s my fault more than hers, I sucked her into it, not the other way around,”

“I’m not sure I’ll ever fully forgive her but I guess, I guess I’ll give it a try,”

I smile, “That’s my sweet Sierra, always forgiving

She almost laughs, “Not always! but uh Jeff?”

“Yeah?” I ask about to get up.

“Do you think, do you think you could kiss me… one last time?”

I chuckle, “Definitely,”

I lean over pressing my lips to hers, possibly the last time I ever will. I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me and she wraps her arms around my neck. I could feel all her emotions in this kiss and I felt guilty again.

Surprisingly, she’s the first to pull away, “Go ahead, date Madeline but I seriously doubt she’ll ever kiss you the way I just did,” I was wondering if maybe she’s was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK. So it's short but I had to put this out there!