Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

EPILOGUE

I stood in front of the congregation and blinked back tears. It seemed so long ago since Justin had first come into my life. These have been the best 4 years of my life and they have all led up to this moment. One of the biggest moments of my life. The priest stands between us and joins our hands.

“You may now kiss the bride.” The priest says. Justin leans and kisses me. He whispers in my ear, “I love you.” I blush. I look to my right and see Madeline grinning wildly. She looks so beautiful in her Maid-of-Honor, lavender dress. Matching Jeff in his Best Man tie. We walk down the aisle and I see all of my friends and the entire Carolina Hurricanes team, who have now become my friends since Justin proposed last August.

We get to the door and open it letting in rays of sunlight. I lift my hand up to my face to block the light. The day was beautiful, the brightest blue sky, and the air so clean. Every since I was a little girl spring had been my favorite season. I knew I had made the right choice by waiting to have a spring wedding even though Justin wanted to get married as soon as possible.

Madeline comes out the doors behind us and pulls me into a big hug, “You looked so pretty Sierra!” Jeff comes up, claps Justin on the back, and gives me a hug. Finally, I can be around Jeff and not feel the least bit guilty. Now that Madeline has that huge diamond on her left ring finger.

“It will be you guys soon.” I say to them and they smile, we all get into the car to go to the reception. Justin pulls me closer to him and kisses my cheek.

“I waited so long for today, and you’ve made me so happy.” He says. We ride up to the front of the hotel and are met by the rest of the wedding party. I carefully get out of the car being extra careful about my dress. Whoever decided white would be the traditional wedding dress color was sadly under informed about stains.

***

The rest of the night went along fantastically. The food was amazing, and everyone was having a great time. Jeff and Madeline took the stage to give their toasts.

“Excuse me!” Madeline says. “I would like to say a few things about the bride and groom. Sierra is my best friend. Without her I would not have met my fiancé, Jeff, or have tried so many things. Justin and Sierra are both amazing people, wonderful friends and I know they will have a great time together. They are always the life of the party.”

“Justin and I have had some pretty crazy times too.” Jeff says. I think I hear LaRose in the back holler, “Biebs!”. “He was always very reasonable about my rookie ‘tasks’.”

Justin laughed next to me. “He is an alright roommate I guess, but he’s an awesome guy and I wish them the best.”

Me and Justin go on stage and exchange hugs with them and I see the tears in Madeline’s eyes. “What is it?” I ask her.

“I’m losing you, Si! You are getting married. Who would have thought you would have gotten married before me.” She says laughing.

“You will never lose me and I always knew I would get married first.” I say and wipe her tears away. “We can do this again at your wedding!”

We go back to the party and Justin grabs my hand. “We need to head out to the airport soon, honey.”

“Whoa, it’s 3 am already?” I say.

“Yeah, our friends really know how to party.” He says and pulls me toward the bathroom where we can change. I was really looking forward to our wedding of course. But we were going to Australia this morning and it had always been a dream of mine to see the Great Barrier Reef.

***

Jeff and Madeline go with us to the airport to say goodbye. “I will see you next week.” I say anxious to get on the plane.

“I’m going to miss you!” Madeline says. Justin grabs my hand and pulls me towards international security.

“I won’t be gone that long!”

“BUT SIERRA YOU ARE MARRIED!” She says and we both grab each other in a huge hug.

“I KNOW!” I scream. Justin and Jeff laugh.

“Honey, we really need to go!” Justin says grabbing my arm.

“Bye Mad.” I say and wave.

“Bye!” Jeff and Madeline say waving back at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for reading! Please comment and tell me what you like or hated about any of it.