Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

This is Gonna Be a Great Day!

Waking up on Saturday, it took me a second to remember the night before. Then I thought, it was all just a dream, until I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran to get it because I always get up before Sierra and I didn’t expect here to get it, but before I could reach my bedroom door, I heard her say, “Hey I was wondering if you would come."

Then a familiar voice said, “Why wouldn’t I? Hey, where’s Madeline?”

Then it hit me, that’s Jeff Skinner! Wait, he wasn’t supposed to come until lunchtime. I looked at my clock, one o’clock? How could I sleep that long?

“Still sleeping, but she’ll probably get up soon.” Sierra responded.

“Crap.” I muttered and ran into my bathroom to put my hair in a ponytail and brush my teeth. Then I flung open my closet to put some jeans and a shirt on as fast as possible, then ran out to say hi.

“Well, good morning sleeping beauty.” Sierra said jokingly.

“Hey,” I said, embarrassed. “I usually wake up earlier”.

“Naw it’s fine.” Jeff said while petting Ebay and trying to suppress a smile.

“So, what’s for lunch?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“I don’t know.” Sierra answered, looking at Jeff.

“Anything’s fine with me.” Jeff responded noticing Sierra and I waiting for his response.

“Well, do you want to go out?” I asked trying to break the awkward silence. “There’s some good restaurants in North Hills,”

“Yeah I know,” Jeff said smiling, “I live here too.”

“Really?” Sierra asked surprised. “Where?”

“Just one level down, we could eat there, I doubt my roommate would mind,”

“Who’s your roommate?” I asked, curious.

“Justin Peters but he’s not home right now he’s practicing with Cam,” Jeff answered.

“As in Cam Ward?” Sierra asked with excited curiosity.

“Yeah, Cam Ward” Jeff laughed looking at our expressions.

“Could we?” I asked with a bit too much anticipation.

“Sure.” Jeff said, laughing again.

So we put Ebay in his crate. We didn’t want a repeat of yesterday, and left for the elevator. We stood in front of it, waiting in an awkward silence until I remembered it was broken so we walked down the stairs, Sierra and I with a bit too much enthusiasm.

When we reached Jeff’s door I made a mental note to remember the door number, 474 for future reference.

Through the door is a little hallway leading to the living room and directly to the right is the kitchen. He gave us a bit of a tour but I wasn’t really paying attention. I would just sometimes say cool or nice or something. All I could think about was the fact that I was REALLY in Jeff Skinner’s Apartment!

After we reached the living room again I snapped back to what was happening. It really was a nice apartment. Better than my hand-me-down brother’s apartment.

“It’s not much,” Jeff said “but I like it”.

“Are you kidding?” Sierra said in awe.

“It is really nice Jeff.” I agreed.

“Well, alright but now back to the original question, what should we eat for lunch?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me what you think!