Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Armed Robber

The door creaked open and a boyish voice called out. “Hello, is anybody home?”

“Madeline?” I called back questioningly.

“THIS IS AN ARMED ROBBER! GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY!”

“Geez, Madeline, you really need to work on your man voice. You sound like a 12 year-old boy.” I said getting up and walking into the front hall.

“I am seriously offended. I wasn’t even doing a voice.” Jeff said, bending down to pet Ebay.

“OH MY GOD! JEFF! One, you really do sound 12, and two, what are you doing here?” I said putting my hand to my chest to stop my now, racing, heart.

“Well, I pushed the wrong button on the elevator. So I had to get off here, and I saw Ebay sitting in the hall. So I thought I would bring him home,” He said “Your door was wide open.”

“Oh yeah, I was supposed to close that. I just got back from Harris Teeter and I had a ton of bags and couldn’t get the door closed.” I said “So can I get you a drink or something?”

“Nah, I’m good. Just thought I would stop by, scare the crap out of you, then leave.” He said laughing.

“Gee thanks.”

“Ok, well I’ll see you later.” He walked out the door and made a big show of closing it behind him. I walked back into the living room and was just sitting down when the door opened again.

“What Jeff?” I called.

“Uh, it’s Madeline.” She said dropping her backpack on the floor.

“Oh sorry, Jeff was jus-“

“Yeah, I saw him in the hall, and he told me.”

“Yeah, so how was class?” I said plopping onto the couch.

“Good, I guess. Kayla just dropped me off and asked if we wanted to go to the Canes game tomorrow night. She had tickets but her boyfriend bailed and she didn’t want them anymore. It’s the last game before the All-Star break, so I said sure.”

“Awesome, I haven’t been to a game since like your birthday.”

“Yeah, I know, I was there.”

“Haha.” I said fake laughing.

***At the Game- Jeff’s POV

I walked out of the locker room and down the tunnel and heard the thousands of fans scream. That never gets old. I started my warm-up skate around the ice and nearly fell over when I saw Madeline and Sierra sitting up by the glass. I stopped and waved and they were starting to wave back when a group of high-school age girls behind them obviously thought the wave was for them and started waving back hysterically. I just chuckled.

“Yo, Jeff,” Bryan Allen said skating up beside me. “Those are the girls from the circus right?”

“Yeah, we’ve been hanging out a lot.” I said.

“So you’ve got TWO girlfriends?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“NO, NO!” I said. “Dude, I mean they are both cool, but I don’t know. I can’t like just ask one of them out.”

“Why not? Which one you like more? There you go.” He said skating away. I guess I do really like them. But I couldn’t just ‘choose one’. I heard the whistle blow in the distance. I
Sighed and skated back to the net and started shooting and missed every single one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one stinks, and is really short. I'm working on where I want the story to go.