Nothing Like You and I

Chapter One

At exactly four twenty eight PM, Oli's phone rings, waking him from the relaxing nap he was taking on his couch. Groggy from napping, he fumbles around sleepily until his fingers finally find the phone.

" 'Lo?"

"H-hey Oli. Listen, I've got a favor-"

Oli interrupts the caller with a groan. "Oh, come on. Jail again? What the hell for this time?"

"Nothing serious, I promise! I got in a fight in front of a bar is all. Come get me, please?"

"Give me about an hour and I'll be down there."

"Come on! You, uh, you don't need to get all 'made up' to come down and get me."

Oli is already searching through his makeup bag, and is mentally searching through his closet to find a blouse that would match the taupe eyeshadow he'd just found. Would a skirt or a pair of skinny jeans look better paired with his white blouse? Better yet, the grey and pink raglan. It showed off his full breasts perfectly (the first gift from the collection jar.)

"Jona, you know I have to. How about forty minutes, okay? I'll just throw my hair in a ponytail instead of wearing a wig. And I'll only wear a bit of makeup. I promise. We can even go get something to eat afterwards if you want, I know you're hungry as fuck from being there all night. How about it?"

Jona grumbles his agreement and hangs up. Oli sighs as he slips the phone into the purse sitting on his end table and heads for the bathroom. Jona usually did something stupid every couple of months and ended up spending a night in jail. Oli was usually the one to come pick him up the next day. The only thing Jona ever hated about calling to get bailed out was that Oli insisted upon getting made up first. But he'd be damned if he went down there looking too masculine. He didn't have all the surgeries yet; the jar needed filling again.

And so he wielded his mascara wand like a pro before dropping it into his purse and heading out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A stout, short haired man with his sleeves rolled up looks up from his desk when Oli enters the door. A small smile stretches across his face. "Back for your friend again?"

Oli smiles back. He replies with the alluring, feminine voice he taught himself years ago.

"Yeah. Always in trouble."

Walking the path he was all too familiar with, Oli paid Jona's bail and was lead back to the cell where his best friend was. The muscular guard was the same one that was always there, a man in his thirties named Arthur. Jona immediately embraced his friend.

"Thanks so much, Oli." He knew better than to accidentally say 'Oliver'. 'Oli' could be interpreted as several different female names. "As always, I owe you."

"Yeah yeah, that's about twenty four times you owe me."

Before they make to leave, Oli notices one lone soul sitting in the cell Jona had previously occupied.

He can't be much older than Oli is. There's a bruise forming on his left cheek, and a small cut across the back of his hand. He's covered in tattoos as well, and looks like he probably made whoever got him in here regret it. There's something in his face, something in this boy's dark, intense gaze that makes Oli want to do something.

"Arthur. How much for that guy's bail?"

"Ten."

Oli's face screws up in confusion. "Only ten?"

"The kid's in here a lot. It usually takes a couple days for someone to come claim him. Friend's don't have a lot of money, and he's just a punk who likes to fight. He just got in last night, right before your friend did."

Oli quickly reaches into his wallet and withdraws the money, handing it to Arthur. The boy's head perks up as Arthur motions for him to come forward. "Alright, Nicholls. Free to go again. Try and stay out of trouble for once, yeah?"

The boy nods, allowing a smile to form on his face and giving Arthur a small wave as the older man shuts the cell door and walks away.

This leaves him, Oli, and Jona. Jona mumbles something about having to go to the bathroom, leaving Oli alone with the quiet boy.

He runs a hand through his hair. "Err...thanks. Name's Matt."

"I didn't want to leave you there like that."

A few more seconds of silence pass. Oli adjusts the strap of his purse before speaking.

"Hey, me and Jona are gonna go get something to eat. You, uh, you wanna come with?"

Matt's expression brightens. "Really? Okay, cool. Thanks...uh, didn't catch your name."

Oli smiles, leading Matt out to his car, and his impatient best friend waiting in the backseat.

"Everybody calls me Oli."