When I'm With You

-01/02

Image

Best friends, in my opinion, are non-official lovers. When you're close enough to someone to call them your best friend, feeling are bound to grow, whether you want it to or not. It gets to the point where you think about them almost every second of the day. Even in your dreams.

Valeri and I have been friends since we were in diapers. The friend status grew into best friend status. Before we considered ourselves best friends, she was just about girl in my life. She was like everyone else. But now, everything is so different. She was something more than a best friend. We are with each other every second of the day, unless school or work came in the way.

For the longest time, even though we are best friends, Valeri and I didn't talk or hang out. We avoid each other at school and work. If we were at the beach, we never looked at each other. The smiles we used to share were gone. Our friendship never disappeared, though. Throughout all of this, it was still there. I still call her my best friend and she still considered me as hers, but she lived a different life than myself. She's a straight A honor student. She spent her time studying with her other friends. I, on the other hand, spent my time on the streets. I was the bad boy. Our mothers had decided it would be best for both of us if we went out separate ways so I couldn't hold Valeri back. They just didn't know how wrong they were.

After seven months of trying that, we were back to being best friends, but things just weren't the same. They had gotten bad.

Today is the first actual day Valeri and I have seen each other since the seven months that came between us. And today was the day I found out Val had been dating someone for the past six months. It should not hurt. Not the way it did. I should be happy for her. She looked so happy with him. I just couldn't shake the feeling. I had the urge to bash in a few heads, then go after the guy the stole the love of my life away from me.

I had to get away. Far away.

I had to put distance between myself and Valeri. I didn't want to upset her. Life wouldn't be worth living another minute if I lost her again. Those seven months had already ruined me.

Without telling a soul, I got up from my spot on the beach and quietly got away. I knew who to go to when shit got deep. His place is where the magic was at. And by magic, I mean the illegal magic. The good stuff that kept me sane these past seven months. The magic I had been putting in my body had a very sweet name. The name made me smile. The feeling made me fall in love. Angel Dust had been the only love in my life since Valeri. And I knew there was no way I could give her up anytime soon. Not the way things were looking for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any typos, send it to me in a message.