Status: The more comments and subscriptions, the more I post

I am Fate

Chapter 1 - I am Fate. I am Faye

Have you ever wondered if there are such things as supernatural creatures. Like, vampires and werewolves? Have you ever had the feeling that someone is watching you? Or, maybe that when a light goes off; it's because there is a demon present; and you think that there is a ghost around because you go suddenly cold. When you forget things; simple and small things, do you ever wonder if someone has taken away your memory? If you do wonder if such things are true, then i'll tell you. They are.

My story starts when I wasn't part of that world. In fact, I was normal. I hear people saying that no-one is normal; but when you become like me; one of the unlucky 'chosen ones,' you start to realise how 'normal,' normal people are.

I was in a normal school with normal classes and normal friends. There wasn't any drama. Except in drama class; but even that doesn't compare to everything that happens now. I am not normal, I don't have normal friends and I don't go to a normal school. But there's a lot of drama.

I will start off with my name; It's Faye. Plain and simple... Or should I say normal? I am 17 and my life has just been turned upside down, almost literally; but i'll explain later. I used to enjoy the company of my 'other' friends out bowling and to the cinema. Let's just say things have changed!

Okay... That is an understatement.

I am now travelling in the complete wrong direction, and my mind has lost its steering wheel. My only responsibilities were chores and homework and my part time job at the local shop. I would honestly give anything to be back there; dealing with fussy, old Mrs. Casper; instead I have been given a whole company dedicated to the well being of every single human on the planet. Also every single non-human.Let's just say I'm a Queen of sorts. I am in charge of the stability of the universe. I am Fate. I am Faye.


[150]size=Chapter 1


I honestly hate days like this. Where time goes incredibly slow, even though it seems like you have been waiting forever. I think that somebody controls it to be honest; just to be cruel.

School was obviously boring, nothing ever happens since Sally moved away. She was what you call the 'queen bee,' and the richest girl in school. The stupid bitch was a control freak and ruined peoples lives.

She tried to sabotage mine constantly. Putting salt in my tea and buttering the floor so I would slip. If she hadn't left the salt next to my cup it may have worked. And non-slip shoes are much better than sliced bread.

Sally liked to have everyone follow every word she said. There would always be consequences for those who didn't obide by her rules; but no-one would dare to ever stop her. Except I did.

I might have got suspended for a week because of the practically permanent handprint on her cheek. I told them plainly; 'I did not slap her, I simply hi-fived her face.' Honestly, I know that pushed them over the edge but I couldn't help it.

She made her precious 'daddy' pay for a home tutor because she didn't want to be around an animal. Her insults always made my day because they were so pathetic. So without all of Sally's drama; school was incredibly boring and it was very hard to stay awake during Mr. Wright's history class. In which he tended to ramble about absolutley nothing!

I found myself slowly drifting away for the tenth time in a minute. The last things my eyes saw was the back of Peter's head and I started to think about him. I honestly felt sorry for him; he had very little money after his house was trashed and burnt whilst he was on holiday. His dad was into drug dealing and Peter and his mum were the ones to suffer. I knew he was living in a hotel until some kind of arrangement was made with their insurance company. I decided to make a wish for Peter. So he would be happy and learn how to get through this tough patch; like win the lottery or something. Everyone deserves a bit of luck.

My arm slipped off the edge of the desk jolting me awake and Mr. Wright turned his attention to me.
"Tired there Faye?" he asked rasing his eyebrow.
"Yes, I am actually. Thank you for asking. Aren't you?" The whole class burst into laughter; I wasn't even trying to be funny. I think I tend to word vomit a lot... Actually I just don't think about it before I open my mouth.

It earned me a detention at lunch time; but no one supervises those. Which is a bit stupid to be honest and as soon as he sat me down and left; I slipped out of the fire exit and over the school gates.

Walking the same way I do every day; I started to whistle a tune and thought about how my life was so normal. I want to be one of those people who has a life full of adventure and danger.

Fight crime and all that jazz. Why did life have to be so simple?

I started to watch my feet move along the pathway and wondered why we could walk if the majority of us never did anything worth walking for. I was so engrossed in my feet that I walked straight into this absolutley gorgeous specimen of a male.

"Watch yourself there Cutey." He winked at me, but didn't start walking away.

"Cute? Urrgh, that is a horrible word; it makes me sound small and fragile and I bet I could kick your skinny ass." I said teasing him.

He raised an eyebrow and one side of his mouth pulled up into the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I honeslty don't know what this boy is doing to me, but I don't care.

"Oh really? Well then try." I wasted no time at swinging my left arm up to meet his face. Man was he quick. One fist grabbed mine inches from his face, swung my arm around and held it behind my back, thumb in lock. I couldn't move but I wasn't sure I wanted to.

"I'm Zachery but I don't like it so call me Zach." There was something incerdibly sexy about the way he was holding me and breathing his name down my neck.

"I'm Faye, and you just got lucky." He let go of my arm as he chuckled and took a step back.

"You're a fiesty one aren't you. You have power but no skill at..." I took my chance while he was distracted and swung my leg to his kidney. Yet again, he grabs my leg inches away from him; drops it; and then kicks one foot behind my legs so I fall. Just as I am about to land on my butt, he puts one arm around my back and one on my neck and holds me centimetres from the concrete floor.

"You got to teach me how to do that!" I giggled. He laughed again and pulled me up to him. The lack of space between us didn't seem to faze him one bit and i certainly didn't mind. He laughed again and I realised i could get used to that sound.

"Any other girl would have screamed and ran." He said questioning me.

"Well I take pride on not being like any other girl. You get what you see with me."
"I like that. So you're wanting fighting lessons? From me! Ha.. I'm sorry Cutey but I don't think you would be able to keep up with me." I proded him in the stomach for calling my cutey but I ended up hurting my finger instead. His stomach was rock solid.

I like him even more now.

Once more, he began to laugh at my stupidity and I decided I didn't care as long as he was smiling.
"Okay, okay! You're on Faye! Meet me at the park tomorrow at 5pm. I will teach you basics and see if you can keep up."

"You're asking for it now Zachery." His smile dropped a bit. "Oh? Have I just found a weakness in the One-and-Only-Zachery?" I started to laugh and after a bit he started to smile again.

"I would ask for it Cutey... But you see that would mean I think you are capeable of bringing it; and to be honest I don't think you're up to the challenge."

"You're on Zachery!"

"It's on Cutey."

Then we both fell to the floor and burst out into fits of laughter and didn't stop until a woman walked by and and stared at us. It wasn't a normal 'will you shut the hell up' stare. It was extremly intense and I will admit; it terrified the hell out of me. I looked at Zach and he was exactly the same. I wonder what her problem was.

I checked the time and realized I needed to get back to school.
"I have to go back to school. I'm kind of on probation and skipping detention at lunch time isn't a good way to go; but being late for class is over the line and then I won't be able to kick your butt tomorrow."

"So you're a bad girl then?" he asked winking. I just laughed and pushed his shoulder. I think I like this stranger.

"Here's my number, text me the details later on." I told him handing him a scrunched up piece of paper with my number scrawled messily on the front. He smiled, stood up; pulling me with him and mock punched my shoulder.

"See you later, Faye." There was just something about the way he said my name.

"Bye, Zachery" I replied and hopped over the fence.

I decided I like Tuesdays.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is for Kaitlyn, Abi and Lisa. You guys are my inspiration.