Nell

n a i l s

She sees the different girls’ nails and gets jealous. She doesn’t mean to, it just happens automatically. They get their nails done, talking about where they go and how good of a job they do. These are the girls that don’t need to worry about how much it costs.

They get bright, cheerful pinks and oranges, maybe a yellow occasionally. Theirs turn out glossy and impressive.

Whenever she does her nails, it turns out lumpy, with streaks in it from the brush. She doesn’t put down a clear coat on top or under it. She can’t even afford the clear polish.

There’s a sort of method to how she does her nails. If it’s a good week, she’ll treat herself to some nail polish. Blue if a good book is the cause for her happiness. Purple if she got a good grade in math.

Black is her favorite color for her nails. While some people think that it’s a bit morbid, but she wears it when she feels confident enough.

She wears black when someone speaks to her unbidden.

She wears black when she feels like herself.

She wears black when she looks in the mirror and sees Nell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter than the others, I know. Sorry about that, but it's my second update! I'm so proud.

Let me know what you think. Comments?