Drunk Daydream

Chapter One.

His misery was getting out of control. Every time he drove past the High Voltage Tattoo, his heart ached. The woman he used to love and adore worked in that very building… he couldn't stop thinking about it. Or her.

Nikki sighed and pulled his car up next to the tattoo shop. He looked inside the large window and saw a thin, black-haired woman who was covered in tattoos. Nikki sipped his coffee and looked at her longingly. He knew that he should just be a man and get over her… he just didn't know how. Well, he knew how… he just didn't know if he could.

Nikki shook his head. 'Stop thinking like that, Sixx. You don't need her.'

Despite every attempt to pull out onto the road, Nikki just couldn't. He couldn't stop looking at what he had lost; he couldn't stop living in the past. Why? Why couldn't he just move on? Why was this so much harder than it should've been?

He did not notice the black-haired woman look at him from behind the shop's counter with a slightly startled expression on her face. Nikki finally realized this, and in a moment of panic, started his car and pulled out quickly, speeding down the road.

He made sure to stop by the liquor store on his way home.

———

Kat was certainly surprised to see Nikki out on the street. She didn't know what to do; she eventually decided to visit him and talk with him. She sat out in his driveway for a long while, contemplating on what to say. What could she say?

Finally, she took a deep breath. 'Alright, Kat. You can do this. Just go up to the door, say you're sorry, and walk away. Not that hard.'

She slipped out of her car, and her heels clicked on the cement. As she closed the car door, she continued to ponder how she should phrase what she wanted to say. It seemed like she walked for miles before she reached Nikki's door. She knocked a couple times, and then rang the doorbell. She could hear clunks, bangs, and clings and then the door unlocked.

When Nikki opened the door, the smell of alcohol overtook Kat's senses. This startled her; she just stood at the door, mouth open in surprise.

"N-Nikki… what are you doing?"

Nikki's head was hung low, and he glared at Kat as he lifted it up. Kat had never seen him like this, and it was scaring her.

"What do ya care?" he slurred.

"Are you… drunk?"

Nikki slouched against the doorframe and sighed. His eyes started to water, though he was unaware of it.

"Yeah… so?"

Kat became angry. "What do you mean 'so'? I thought you were sober; what the hell are you doing?"

"Well, maybe if you weren't cheating on me for a month during our relationship, this wouldn't have fucking happened. Don't play innocent, bitch."

Nikki then slammed the door in Kat's face. He wanted nothing to do with her anymore; he was putting the past behind him.

He stumbled through the hallway as Kat was screaming at him from outside. 'Fuck her… she has no idea what she's done…'

He slowly and cautiously walked to the refrigerator and opened it, grabbing two Jack Daniel's. He was drunk; he didn't need anymore booze. He shrugged that thought off. 'Whatever. It's my fucking life.'

Nikki tripped up the stairs to go to his bedroom. Once he entered the room, he collapsed on his bed, popping open one of the whiskey bottles. He gulped half of it down right then and there. He was back on his path of self-destruction, even though he just finished AA rehab two years earlier. At the moment, he couldn't give two fucks about the next AA meeting; he probably wouldn't even go.

Then, he remembered how he had helped Kat push past her own problems with alcohol. He laughed at the sweet irony… now she was the one trying to stop him. Why the hell did she care anyway? She was the one who made him do this… she was the one who betrayed him. Why did she care about the consequences?

He drank more of the whiskey. It tasted terrible, but it was the fastest way to get drunk, which was his goal, and he certainly achieved it.

———

Two hours later, Nikki's bedroom floor was littered with Jack Daniel's and Bud Light bottles. The blanket was halfway off the bed and looked as though it was kicked around quite a bit. The room smelled strongly of alcohol.

Nikki was barely conscious on the bed, and he was still gulping down some whiskey. He finally decided to lay on the soft pillow and take a break from his stupor. He polished off the bottle, then let it drop with a loud clunk onto the floor. As he lay there, waiting for sleep to consume him, Nikki thought about his children. He was thankful that they were at their mother's this weekend; they didn't need to see him like this. He was miserable… and fucking tired.

After only a few minutes, Nikki let darkness take over his body. He was either about to be asleep or unconscious; he didn't care which.

'I wonder if I'll wake up...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments/reviews? :)