Coming Alive in August

Girl's Day

Kaitlin's POV:

I open my eyes to see I'm in Ryan's bed alone. I stretch out my body to take over as much of the bed as I can. The bed is so big, it just eats my body. It is overly comfortable making me not want to leave it. I look at the nightstand next to me and grab my phone. I smile at a long text from Ian. I was really hoping to see you when I woke up, but I understand. Good morning anyway beautiful. Yesterday was amazing. I had a really great time. You made me feel like a kid again. I really can't wait till I get to see you again. Please let me take you out to dinner. I would even like if you came to Europe with me and the guys at the end of the month. Its soon, I know, but I would really love if you came.

I smile to myself wide and reply. I would love to go to Europe. I am smiling so wide. You are so great! I hug my phone to my chest and squeal. I jump out of the bed and instantly get cold.

I walk slowly out of the room and bump into Ryan in the dim lit hallway. ”Oh, morning gorgeous. I heard a weird noise and wanted to see if you were alright. I made coffee,” he holds up a mug and a smile is on his lips.

I smile and take the mug. ”I am so alright, beyond alright! Hey, your bed is great,” I take a sip of my coffee and moan happily. ”I am just really happy and everything is great. But, its August in LA and your house is freezing,” I tell him.

Ryan smirks then walks past me and into his room. He draps something over my shoulders then stands in front of me. ”I hope that warms you up," he chuckles

I feel what he put on me then put my arms through the sleeves. I smile looking down at the fabric; green, blue and purple paisley. I tie the belt of the robe while still looking down and smiling at it.

A flash goes off and a few seconds later my phone vibrates in my pocket. I look up at Ryan then take my phone out. It's an update from his twitter saying The robe looks better on her with a link for a picture. I don't even bother to click it knowing it is me.

"Ryan! No no no! You need to take that down. Ian can't see that! He doesn't know I came here. Ryan, he is going to dump me!" I shriek but the vibration of my phone pulls my attention away.

I look at it and see a tweet from Ian saying @thisisryanross she looks better in my shirt too I click the picture link attached and, see a picture from the day I found Rocco. I don't remember him ever taking the picture.

I smile and @ reply the both of them @theiancrawford @thisisryanross let's see who looks better in one of my dressed." I put my phone in my pocket and look at Ryan.

"You really want everything to work out with Ian, huh? You seem so nervous and afraid to lose him," Ryan says.

"Well, he already has seen me freak out and stuff but I just want everything to be good. He makes me smile and feel good. I haven't even let him kiss me. It's like I think he will hate how my lips feel so I don't let him find out," I shrug. "Well, I should probably get going. I invited Breezy and Sarah to have a girl day with me and Claudia," I sigh happily.

"How is Brendon?" he asks softly and unsure. "What about Zack?" he adds stepping closer.

"Good. Bren seems really happy and Zack is great. He gave me a big bear hug. Maybe we should have a party or you, Ian, Bren, Dal, Joe, Zack, Spencer and whoever can go out for a beer while us girls hang out,” I suggest.

Ryan makes a face then starts to laugh. ”I don't know about going out. Why don't we have that party instead? That just seems better,” Ryan shrugs.

”Okay. Plan it out! I'll-” I am cut off by my phone going off. Ian. ”Hey! I was just talking about you. What's up?” I smile and Ryan rolls his eyes.

”I was wondering if I could see you before the girl's day begins?” Ian asks. I could hear in his voice he was smiling.

”Yes! Ha, uh I'm at Ryan's house. Could you pick me up in ten minutes?” I bite my lip nervously.

”Of course. See you then,” he says and hangs up after a goodbye exchange.

* * * *

third person

Kaitlin leans her back against Claudia's door. Ian has his hand pressed up against the door above Kaitlin's head leaning close to her. "When are you going to let me do this to you?" he points to the hickey on his neck. He smiles and shakes his head looking down at the ground. "I can't believe you didn't know you left a mark," he chuckles and looks back up into her eyes.

She blushes and is now the one to look down. "I've never done that before. It just was like, I don't know. I liked the feeling of your neck on my lips so I just went for it I guess," she shrugs and looks up at him.

From inside the apartment, Claudia goes over to the door and opens it. Kaitlin stumbles backwards but Ian manages to catch her before she falls. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she grabs onto Kait's arm to make sure she is alright.

Ian chuckles softly. "If this one isn't already clumsy on her own," he smiles and pokes Kait's nose.

"Ha, well that is how she met you!" Claudia giggles.

Kait pouts pretending to be offended but smiles at the sight of Breezy and Sarah over Claudia's shoulder. "They're are already here?" she shrieks then looks at Ian. "I will call you later! Bye bye bye!" she happily says and kisses his cheek quickly before running into the apartment.

Claudia shrugs and smiles then closes the door. "We ready to start this day?" Claudia smirks.

Sarah and Breezy hold up plastic bags with smiles. "We made our stops. You should have been there instead of out with your boy toy!" Sarah giggles.

"I know, I also should have stayed asleep at Bren's instead of going to Ryan's house. Although that man has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I dreamed very way too," she winks.

"Oh ho ho! I think that is enough information little miss," Sarah giggles and sets her bag down on the table coffee table. Breezy imitates her shortly after.

"No! It wasn't a sexy dream. Well, okay, it kind of was. But like, it was one of those dreams when you can feel it. It was amazing. I was with Ian and he kissed me. It was amazing, I didn't want it to end," Kait explains. She closes her eyes and smiles to herself.

All three of the girls start to laugh at her. "You do know that actually kissing him will be better, right? Come on! Just let the boy!" Claudia raises her fist in the air.

"You remind me of my daughter Amelie. Its cute," Breezy smiles and takes a seat on the couch.

"I'm afraid to, maybe this makeover will make me more confident," Kait shrugs and goes into the kitchen grabbing one of the chairs that are set up around a small table. She drags it out into the living room and sighs. "So, facial masks first or manicures?" Kait rubs her hands together.

"We can do both at the same time. The, we shall work on you!" Claudia smiles evilly.

Kait makes a face then laughs. "Did you bring all your makeup Sarah? It may take a lot to fix all of this," she waves her hand over her face.

"Oh shush up! Your skin is perfect and you are really pretty! Fuck, we all are damn sexy. The boys won't be able to get their hands off us after this," Sarah snaps her fingers in a Z then goes over to a black tote bag. She pulls out her makeup kit and a bag filled with her different nail polishes.

Claudia leaves the room and goes into the kitchen to prepare a facial mask using pumpkin, honey, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. She makes up a big batch of it. She then find three champagne glasses, a bottle of champagne and a box a strawberries. She sets them all up on a tray and brings them out to the girls in the living room. She sets the tray down on the coffee table then runs back to the kitchen to grab napkins. When she comes back out Sarah is already pouring the champagne over strawberries in the glasses. And Kait up at the stereo putting on some music then goes back to her chair.

Breezy looks up at Claudia and smiles. "Sarah wastes no time when it comes to any type of alcohol," she shrugs and reaches for her glass.

"That's me with cupcakes," Claudia proudly says.

Kait looks up at her and nods. "This is true," she says.

"Well, lets get these masks on!" Claudia demands. She tells each girl to put up their hair in a ponytail and get as much hair out of the face as possible. Claudia goes around the group putting the mask on each girl.

"Its cold!" Kait shrieks wrinkling her nose.

Breezy goes into a story about things her children do. Sarah keeps a smile on her face as she does Kait's nails. Claudia is the only one to respond to the things Breezy is saying. She puts a light pink on Breezy's nails. The girls switch rolls so Kait is painting Sarah's nails, and Breezy is painting Claudia's.

"What color would you like?" Breezy asks looking down at all the nail polished they have laid out on the floor.

Claudia looks down as well and really looks over at everything. "That green is really pretty," she picks up a pale green and hands it to Breezy.

"I think all of the colors are pretty. Next time I go nail polish shopping please come with me," Kait tells Sarah.

"Yeah, of course," Sarah smiles.

They finish up the whole nail things and go into the bathroom to wash the facial masks off. Claudia giggles at Kait and washes some of the mask out of her hair. Kait thanks her with a smile and they go into the living room.

"Hair time!" Claudia declares.

Sarah runs over to the plastic bags. She searches through them then puts on a blond flapper style wig. Breezy laughs at her then pulls out a a long blond wig out of the plastic bag and puts it on.

"Oh, look at you two! Sexy blonds!" Kait winks.

"Psh, you know it!" Sarah smiles.

Kait sits down in her chair ready to get her hair done by Claudia. Claud mixes up the hair dye in a bowl. Kait closes her eyes and takes a deep breath feeling nervous about the color change.

Breezy and Sarah go into the kitchen and fix up a small thing for the girls to all munch on. When they come back to the living room all of the dye is in Kait's hair. Kait looks at them and smiles. Claudia mixes up a different dye and goes into the bathroom to apply it into her own hair. She was so use to doing this that she really didn't even need the mirror to look in.

She rejoins the girls and picks up a cracker on the tray of goodies Breezy and Sarah put together. "Now, please show me what you bought me? I'm nervous," Claudia says. She sits down on the edge of the coffee table.

"Fine," Sarah says trying to sound like she is annoyed but fails with a burst of laughter. She pulls a dress out of one of the plastic bags. It is a dull red with pokie dots and lace flowers on the bottom. Breezy then takes out a teal dress with black lace all over it and shows it to Kaitlin. "We thought you girls would like them," Sarah shrugs.

"This is adorable! Did you girls get something for yourself?" Claudia takes the dress and stares at it.

"I love it, thank you so much," Kait smiles wide.

"Yeah, of course! We are going out tonight and being some sexy little thangs!" Sarah jumps up and down in place then shows off the short dress. Breezy then shows off her green dress.

They keep up the conversation and laughing about almost everything. They wait till time goes by for the two girls to wash the dye out of their hair. Kaitlin jumps into the shower and Claudia washes the dye out of her hair in the sink.

When Kait is done she comes out in a thick robe with her hair wet. Claudia is sitting on the arm of the couch straightening her blow dried hair.

"Doesn't that color look amazing on her?" Breezy comments about Claudia.

"It really does. I love it!" Kait says and goes over to sit back in the chair.

"Ready for your makeup?" Sarah asks standing up.

"Yeah. I am ready! Bring it on!" Kait smiles.

Claudia finishes up her hair then starts to blow dry Kait's as Sarah works on her makeup. Breezy leave the three alone and stand on the balcony of Claudia's apartment and calls up Dallon to see if she can talk to Amelie for a few minutes.

Claudia blows out Kait's hair. "Momma bear! Come in here! You have to see Katie," Sarah calls out. Claudia smiles at her work pleased and goes off to her room to get changed.

Breezy comes into the living room closing her phone and smiles. "This makes me wish I did my hair! It looks great. Dark brown looks nice on you!" Breezy gives Kait a quick little hug. "We should all change up. I'll call Dallon back and tell him to meet us at a restaurant for dinner. This is going to be so fun!" Breezy squeals.

Kait takes her dress and goes off to the bathroom to change. Breezy and Sarah just change in the living room and do their own makeup.

Kait puts her hair in a quick low bun then puts on a bright red long haired wig that Claudia picked out for her. Claudia puts on the short pink wig she bought for herself. "The guys are going to freak out," Claudia giggles. The four girls are staring in the mirror fixing their wigs.
♠ ♠ ♠
mask recipe: http://beauty.about.com/od/homemadefacemask1/r/Rejuvenating-Pumpkin-Mask-For-All-Skin-Types.htm

Claudia dress: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Coralberry-Corsage-Dress

Kait's dress: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Thrill-of-a-Lifetime-Dress

Sarah's dress: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Dress-the-Part

Breezy's dress: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Malachite-Clovers-Dress