Coming Alive in August

Fake It

The girls wait at a fancy restaurant for the guys to arrive. No friends, just couples for the night including Zack and his wife.

"I'm scared," Kaitlin comments.

Claudia puts her arm around her and holds her close. She rests her chin on the top of Kait's head and sighs. "If he really hates it then he'll just have to suck it up," Claudia tells her.

"Only guy who will hate it will be Ryan, but you look hot so he may actually start liking brunettes," Sarah smirks giving Kait a wink.

"That's no possible. He'll always only like blonds," Claudia giggles.

The boys walk into the restaurant dressed up in classy outfits like they wear on stage. Joe is wearing a tux as if he was going to a prom. They look around for the girls not knowing what to be looking for.

"That's Kai! I can tell bu the tattoo on her arm," Ian points to the girl standing not too far away who has her arms behind her.

"My wife is blond," Dallon mumbles.

The boys approach the four girls. "La la la looks like the boys too shy ain't gonna kiss the girl," Ian sings softly in Kaitlin's ear. He puts his hands on her hips from behind.

She turns around in his hold and looks at him. "Little Mermaid?" she smiles shyly.

"Yeah, its the only one I know off the top of my head. Your hair is very bright," he smiles and starts playing with a strand of the wig.

"You girls really changed, huh? Joe says staring at the pink wig on Claudia's head.

Kaitlin looks at Claudia then back at the smiling Ian. "Erm, hold on," she says and turns to the three girls. "I feel bad, maybe we should take them off," she whispers.

Sarah nods. "Hey, go to the table we need to use the powder room," Sarah tells the boys then starts off toward the restrooms.

Kait has to pull Claudia away from Joe. Claudia stares at Joe as she is being pulled away. When she and Kai reach the lady's room, Sarah is already brushing out her black hair.

Kait stares in the mirror at everyone's reflection. "I need to invest in some heals," she comments then shoves her wig into her The Young Veins tote bag.

"Then Ian would need some. I love how short you are. Hey, gimme your wig. I'll go put it in my car. "I'll meet you girls at the table," Claudia smiles. The girls all hand over their wigs then exit the restroom.

"I think you should invest in a new bag instead," Breezy comments harshly.

Kait looks at her tote then at Breezy. "I have a clock purse but I just really love this one," she shrugs.

"But its kind of like a bag supporting the enemies," Breezy adds.

Sarah gasps. "Breezy! Don't say that. She's friends with Ryan and that is how her and Ian are together. They are all nice men in that band," Sarah punches Breezy's arm harmlessly.

"I'm just saying. Your bag should support your boyfriend's band not the band of the guy he replaced," Breezy acts like her being rude is no big deal.

Kaitlin stays quiet and hurries to the table. She sits down next to Ian and he double takes at her, He starts to play with a piece of her hair with a big smile. Kai weakly smiles back then takes a sip of the water in front of her.

"Well, my baby girl is more mature," Breezy mumbles to Sarah.

"Be nice," Sarah softly growls in return.

Kaitlin blinks repeatedly. "Ian, I-I don't feel all that well. I should really get going," she stands up and he grabs onto her hand

He looks quickly at Breezy then back at her. "What happened?" he cups her cheek.

"Nothing, I just want to go home," she blinks away a tear.

* * * *

Claudia shuts her trunk then locks her car. She smiles pleased and takes a step backwards bumping into someone. "Sorry," she says quickly then turns around. She smiles wide at the sight of Will and Sisky.

"Oh wow Claudia! Your hair looks awesome!" Sisky smiles. "Will, I'll meet your inside at the bar." he adds.

Claudia blushes. "I had a pink wig on to mess with Joe," she giggles.

Sicky lights up letting a soft chuckle escape from his lips. "So what are you and Joe doing here? Date night?" he asks shoving his hands into his jacket pockets. He shifts his weight from his left leg to his right.

"We're having a couples dinner. Earlier was a girls day with Sarah, Breezy, Kai and me. We gave Kai a makeover," Claudia smiles completely content.

"Sisky chuckles. "No Haley?" he asks keeping his smile.

"I think Spencer said she was away visiting family in Nevada. I haven't met her yet. What are you and Bilvey doing here? Are you guys having a little date?" Claudia nudges Sicky in the side playfully.

Sisky shakes his head laughing. "Now, we both know that would make Gabe jealous," he sighs happily then takes a quick glance at his phone. "We are just getting drinks and the gourmet nachos. They are amazing. Bale out on the group date and join us," he suggests.

Claudia bites her bottom lip lightly. "I can't do that, like me and Joe aren't that serious but I'll feel awful. Tomorrow is then dollar haircut Sunday at my work. You should come in. I'll shampoo you and everything," she giggles.

"Alright, I'll bring some friends too. Give you lots of business," he comments.

Claudia's eyes widen and she shakes her head at him. "No, no, no. We get overly crowded easily," she says then sighs pretending to be annoyed. "But I guess you could, I don't know. If you want," she rolls her eyes for effect.

Sisky smiles then loops his arm with Claudia's and leads her to the entrance of the restaurant. "We'll see tomorrow what will happen. For now, I shall escort you to your group date," he puts on a fake British accent.

The doors of the restaurant swing open before them and Kaitlin runs through them with Ian following after her. Both Claudia and Sisky look at them surprised. Claudia reaches out her arm and catches Kait. She can now see she is crying.

"Kai tell me what happened," Ian pleads and takes hold of her.

"Sisky, go to Will. I'll talk to you later," Claudia whispers unlooping her arm from his. "Kait, what's up? Why are you crying?" Claudia rub's Kait's back slowly.

"Once you left Breezy changed. She was so great last night and earlier, then BAM! You leave and she starts to call Ryan the enemy and complaining about my bag supporting his band," Kait sniffles and falls into Ian's arms. She grips onto his shirt tightly. "She then told Sarah her daughter was more mature. She clearly sees me as a child because I am a virgin," Kait cries into Ian's neck.

He rubs her back slowly. "Don't listen to her. To be honest it is none of her business what your sex life is about. I actually find you incredibly mature. Please don't cry. Come on, lets go inside and just relax," he rubs the back of her head. He lifts up her chin with two fingers under it so she is looking at him.

"Don't," Kai whispers placing her hand on his chest.

Ian sighs. "You know what? Fuck this. Claudia go get Joe. We are going to my house. No fancy dinner just popcorn, beer and movies," ian smiles.

Kaitlin sniffles and nods. Claudia smiles at the two. "just us or can Will and Sisky join?" Claudia asks backing up towards the door.

Ian thinks about it. "Yeah, sure. Just tell the others that Kait threw up," ian calmly says then looks down at Kaitlin. "You are mature, don't let Breezy get to you," he softly tells her and quickly kisses her cheek dangerously close to her lips.

Claudia makes her way to the bar first and finds both Will and Sisky. "Hey, you guys want to hang out at Ian's house for a movie night?" Claudia smiles.

Will looks at her then takes a sip of his rum and coke. "What movie?" he asks and looks at Sisky to see him smiling like he always is when Claudia is around.

Claudia shrugs. "Whatever Ian has at his house," She comments.

"So probably Starwars. Uh, alright. I'll go. Better than having the bartender stare at me the whole night," Will takes the last sip of his drink and sets down money.

Claudia smiles wide. "I'll meet you at his house. I need to go get Joe," she tells them and goes off to find the table.

A dull roar of mumbles comes from the table the group is sitting at. Brendon looks up at the sound of Claudia's footsteps. Joe does after noticing Brendon has and smiles. "Now, that color looks amazing on you," Joe smiles and stands up. He pulls out the chair next to him for Claudia.

"Guys, Kait threw up and is just not feeling too hot. Ian's going to take her home and he wants me to help him take care of her. I'm really sorry to cut this short," Claudia says perfectly believable. Joe puts his arms around Claudia.

Breezy rolls her eyes. "Well we all know it can't be morning sickness since the girl-" she starts and Dallon puts a hand over her mouth.

"You call the poor girl immature when you are acting like a teenage bitch. Just chill out she's sick. Jesus Breezy," Dallon growls.

Brendon starts to clap slowly. Sarah looks at him and places her hand on his arm to make him stop. He mumbles a sorry to her. Joe looks at Claudia and nods. "We'll just do this a different day," he says and takes Claudia's hand. When the two are far enough away from the table Joe starts to laugh. "You're lying, I can tell because you started to chip off your nail polish. Now what is really up?" he asks.

"Kai just doesn't want to be around Breezy and Ian suggested having a movie night at his house. Sisky and Will are going to join us too," Claudia smiles.

Joe nods. "Me fellow Jedi wants to have a movie night? This will be good," Joe laughs evily making Claudia break out in laughter.