Coming Alive in August

Patrick > Everyone Else

Claudia's POV:

A Huge smile spreads across my face the second I hang up my phone. I am alone in Joe's kitchen and lean myself against the counter. I start to giggle to myself in just pure happiness. I was happy for myself and happy that Kait was happy. There is just a lot of happiness going around.

"What is so funny?" a voice asks. I look up to meet eyes with Patrick. "Hey," he smiles shyly.

"I'm just happy," I shrug and keep up giggling.

Patrick smiles and sits down on a stool at the island. He leans forward against it keeping a smile on his face. "Care to share why?" he asks.

I stop my giggling and nod my head. "I just got off the phone with Kait. You haven't met her yet but she is my best friend and dating Ian. But she called to say the plane landed in Belgium and their hotel suite is amazing. She's really happy so it makes me happy. But I am happy anyway. Joe makes me feel great and that party yesterday was so much fun. I am not at all a party person but all of Joe's friends are so nice and welcoming. I don't know, I just really enjoyed myself," I sigh happily and go over to sit on a stool next to Patrick.

He looks at me with a wide smile. "I have never seen Joe as happy as he is with you before. This is very exciting," Patrick chuckles. He pats his thighs lightly and keeps nodding his head.

I couldn't stop staring at him. He is literally the most adorable human being alive and I am here sitting next to him talking. This was unbelievable. He is just one of those people who you just cannot hate. We keep talking and it really made me happy. Now that I think about it, I haven't felt depressed since before Kaitlin came to California. I really did not want her to leave. The past few weeks have just boosted me up and now talking to Patrick, it seemed like a fantasy world.

Everything honestly was feeling too perfect. I had a boyfriend. An amazing one at that and now am friends with Patrick Stump! It was incredibly. It was also so nice having people around who I could just talk to and be myself. It was nice knowing that all these guys in bands that I looked up to are just normal people and so loving. When you enter their "family" there is no going back but they will always take care of you.

"Patrick," I mutter in the middle of him speaking. He smiles and nods. "Thanks for just sitting here talking to me," I smile widely. "I look up to you in all honestly. Everyone I have met because of Joe has been great. Just, I feel like I am living a new life, like this is why I am alive. You know what I mean?" I felt like I was even confusing myself with my words.

Patrick nods and smiles wider. "I understand. That's how I feel about music. And hey, you are surrounding yourself with really great people. And Joe is going to take good care of you. You make him happy. He hasn't been like this in a really long time," his voice is filled with happiness.

"Thanks Trick," I couldn't help the blush that was creeping onto my cheeks. There really was no reason to blush, it just sort of happened but it was actually nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter sucks. Its been in the making for so long and just, I'm sorry. Its awful...