Coming Alive in August

Deflowered

It was like one of those movie scenes where people kiss at possibly the worst time but you know it has a lot of meaning. We both kissing and crying. The room is dark and it was just us. That is all that matters. I was in pain and probably not in the best state of mind but it felt right. He was being gently but at the same time forceful. He keeps mumbling sorry like he was hurting me.

"I love you," escapes from my lips that are pressed to his.

He stops. His hand brushes hair out of my face. In the dim light I can see him smile. "There is no other person in the world that I would ever want to be with," he softly says.

And with that, it starts up again. The kissing, the touching, the loss of breaths. It was about to happen. My hands fall from his shoulders and works at the buttons of his shirt. His hands fall from my waist to the bottom of my dress. I pull my lips away so he can pull my dress off over my head.

My heart pounds against my chest. I peel his shirt off of him. "Kai?" he breathes against my lips.

"Shh.." I press one finger on his lips and in the next second he picks me up and heads to the bed.

* * * *

I was tired but I could not fall asleep. I was in bliss but the second Ian fell asleep it finished. My mind races to the events of the morning and how I even came to be where I was right now.

I think of the tree coming close to crushing me. It went away quickly. My eyes fill with tears and breathing hitches. I just want to be home and far away from Belgium. I can't handle it anymore and push myself out of bed. I grab my underwear and Ian's button down shirt putting them on. I leave the room in hopes to regain myself and stay calm. I make my way to the balcony figuring everyone else in the hotel room is asleep.

I step outside to find Brendon leaning against the railing with a cigar. He straightens out at the sound of me opening the door and walking out.

"Kaitlin," he gasp and in the next second I was in his arms crying. He holds one arm around me tightly with the other on the back of my head. "We are all safe now, don't cry," he whispers in my ear.

"Ian took my virginity," blurts out of my mouth.

Brendon stays silent for a while letting me cry into his chest. "Why are you crying over that? Was it against your will?" he was serious.

I move my head up so I can look at him. I shake my head rubbing my eyes. "No. It's just, I don't want to remember this trip," I cry out.

"Kai, don't let the storm ruin anything for you..." and so he began. We took a seat and talked it out. About everything. Every time I cried harder he placed a hand on my knee. This went on dor a while. We could see the sun begin to rise. He went through his cigar but lit another offering me it. I took one drag and thanked him.

Randomly he stood up and left. I went to protest but as I turned my eyes met with Ian's. The only thing on his body was his boxer briefs. He leans against the door frame and shyly smiles.

I jump up and go over to him and him him tightly. He hesitates for a second before clutching me back. "Are you okay?" he asks me softly.

"Now that I'm in your arms," I mumble into his chest.