Coming Alive in August

Forget Me, Trust Me.

Kaitlin's POV:

I watch Claudia as she acts completely awkward and uncomfortable around Joe. He keeps a charming smile on his lips with everything he has to say and every second he listens to her. She keeps blushing but I know deep down she wants this. He's no Patrick Stump, but she does love some Joe Trohman. I stand up from the bar stool I was sitting on. Both Claudia's and Joe's attention goes on me. "I'm going to explore, and I think you two should talk alone," I smile and give a small wave before walking away. I hold my glass with both hands and take a sip as I back away slowly and then turn around.

I bump into someone and groan. "Ugh, I'm sorry. You are the second person I have injured today while turning. I shouldn't be able to walk around other people," I mumble and turn to look at the person I bumped into. My bottom lip quivers. My eyes lock with the man I hit.

"Well actually, you hit me last time too. I guess we have this strange injury connection," he smiles and looks at the ground.

"Y-yeah," my voice cracks and I look away confused. What the hell am I doing? I hit Ian earlier? Ian Crawford? Oh god, I'm an idiot. His friend even called him Ian but it didn't click. Gah, what the fuck. Why am I so clumsy? Why did I have to hurt him and not some random nobody? Thoughts explode in my mind.

He grabs my arm making me look at him. "Is something wrong?" he asks.

"I love you," I mutter. I throw my head back mumbling 'fuck'. "No I don't. I, uh, no. Forget me. Bye," I turn away from him. My hands are shaking along with the rest of my body.

"Hey," he mutters over the music. I shake my head keeping my back to him and walk away as quickly as I can. I just told Claudia she had nothing to worry about with talking to Joe and yet I just panicked while talking to Ian. I don't even know what came over me. It just just happened. I didn't control it. Something came over me and I just blurted out random words. Words some guys don't even want to hear their girlfriend say. I just told him I loved him for no reason.

Claudia's POV:

Joe holds out his hand to me. I look at it confused. "Come on take it," he smiles. I bite my bottom lip nervously. "Come on, trust me. I don't bite," he rubs his lips together. I take his hand cautiously. He smiles watching me slide off the bar stool. He pulls me toward the dance floor. We pass Kaitlin but she won't look up from her drink.

He pulls me into a swarm of people till we are what seems like the direct center of the floor. Mostly because there is a disco ball right above us. Joe lets go of my hand and stares at me still smiling. He hasn't lost the smile the whole time we were talking. He is really nice.

"I'm not much of a dancer but hey, we're in a club. We should dance," he holds out his hands toward me for me to take. I take them and he pulls me close then holds my hands up high in the air. He chuckles softly and sways from side to side. I laugh at him completely confused as to how I should dance. I never dance or really know how to. "Let the music take over your body. The beats will tell you how to move," his smile fades and he stares deeply into my eyes.

I nod swallowing hard. I look down at my feet then back up at Joe. I let the music take over me like he said. It seems to come naturally now. He drops my hands and places his hands on my hips. I place my hand on his shoulder. His smile comes back.

A throat is cleared in a microphone over the music but we don't stop what we are doing. We continue to let the beats control our every move. "Well I see Duck Hunt is on the floor getting close to a pretty lady," Travie's voice rings over the music.

"Nothing is wrong with that Travie." Gabe chimes in.

"Its those blue eyes of his. They are so pretty that they draw in every good looking girl," Pete laughs his goofy laugh.

I stop moving and step back from Joe. I shake my head looking at the ground. I start to laugh and Joe lifts up my chin to look at me confused. "I'm sorry but you do have pretty eyes," I smile and can't stop myself from laughing.

Joe smiles laughing along with me. "In that case, you are good looking. What can I say? I have a certain, je ne sais quoi about me," he shrugs and blushes a little.

His laugh makes me smile even wider. "Yeah, you definitely do," my words make him blush. He gives a little shrug and we continue to let the music take over us. I find myself mindlessly playing with a few of his curls. He doesn't say a word and just keeps eye contact with me. He is being respectable Claudia! RESPECTABLE! I start to laugh at my thoughts out loud. He gives me a questioning look as he adjusts his hands on my hips. I smile and step a little bit closer to him.