Status: Active.

Suburbia

Fifteen.

“Okay, okay, right, fuck, what do we do? Is he unconscious? Isn’t that bad? What if he’s gone into a coma? Fuck!”

“Please be quiet, Johnny.”

I hear their voices as though I’m underwater. I try to get up but my body feels like it’s full of sand and I’ve forgotten how to open my eyes.

“Leland? Leland, can you hear me?”

A strange moan seems to echo from somewhere unknown before I realise it’s my own chest. With more effort than should be necessary I force my eyes open and squint through the bright rays reaching my retinas.

Through my rapidly blinking lids I see Johnny laugh almost hysterically to himself, “Thank God!”

Eve looks at me steadily and asks me carefully and clearly, “What’s my name?”

I look at her confused for a second; does she think that I would have forgotten her name? “What are you talking about?”

Eve only asks me again, “What’s my name?”

I pause for a second confused before the words come tumbling out my mouth, “Eve… you names is Eve, you’re Eve.”

“Okay and what’s your name?”

“Leland, I’m Leland and you’re Eve, Leland and Eve, Eve and Leland.”

My head feels full of air and lead at the same time and the air seems hazy like a dream but I shake myself over in an attempt to shift the veil around me and try to stand up. Once I stagger upright the world suddenly flips on it’s side and my feet stumble over each other, my hands grasping on nothing.

Then suddenly Eve is there and Johnny is there and the world shifts back into place.

“Woah, just take it easy, mate, you knocked your head pretty hard when you hit the ground.” Johnny cautions.

“Where’s Rory?” I mumble.

Johnny looks agitated and glances around, “He’s uh- he’s…”

“I’ve got to find him,” I say and stumble forwards a few steps but the two of them pull me back.

“No, you can’t go anywhere right now,” Eve tells me, “Johnny will go find him, won’t you Johnny?”

“Yeah, sure I will, I’m sure I’ll find him right away, I’ll go right now,” Johnny looks at Eve uncertainly, “Will you be okay without me?”

“Yeah, we’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

“Rory, will be all right, I’ll find him straight off.” Johnny tells me as he jogs off out towards the car park. I know he’s just trying to make me feel better but those few tentative steps I‘d made had already made me feel queasy so I let him go.

“Okay, I’m going to get you home to get you cleaned up-” Eve starts but I cut her off.

“No, I can’t go home, not now.”

Eve looks at me questioningly but doesn’t say anything.

“…I can’t go home looking like this.” I add on lamely but I can tell she isn’t fooled.

“Well, you need fixing up anyway so let’s go.” Eve says and she starts to help me stumble away from the willow tree.

“Where are we going?”

“Come on, my house has a first aid kit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
... Sorry.
This was a filler but sometimes they're necessary

The think is I have actually got this story all planned out chapter by chapter believe it or not so the thing is I know where the exciting bits are and where the boring bits are so I put off the boring bits and write the exciting bits but I can't put the exciting bits up until I've written the boring bits because of chronological order or whatever so you see
that is why I update so weirdly: fast and slow and rubbishly.
BUT summer is coming up so I'll be writing more soon so just bear that in mind okay sorry again