Sequel: Hold Me Down

Autumn's Monologue.

Stupid Boy.

My heart sank at the emotions playing in his eyes—he was going to hurt me and he knew it—he also knew I knew it.

“Frank’s got a boyfriend Mikes; they’ve been together for a year and six months last Tuesday.”

I was expecting something, just not for him to be that blunt about it. He rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit of his.

“Wh-who, who is his boyfriend?”

He shrugged before meeting my eyes once more.

“Some guy named Bob; said they met at a show last year and hit it off. Gee’s only met him like ten times in the past year or so, they have this long distance thing going on.”

“Since when do you call my brother Gee?”

He blushed.

“He made me call him that, that’s why he bit me in the first place, I would call him it.”

“Are you still afraid of him?”

He shrugged—yet again.

“Sort of, I don’t really know him, know him, I just sort-of know him after today. I’m not saying let’s keep switching friends, but tonight was fun, we should all hang out occasionally is all I’m saying.”

I smiled at him; he always let me change the subject when I needed to. So Frank has a boyfriend—then why would he ask me on a date—he never did, it was just to get to know his best friend’s little brother.

I’m such an idiot; I always fall for the ones who’ll never feel the same.