Sequel: Hold Me Down

Autumn's Monologue.

Should I Be Shocked?

I rushed inside, regretting that action the moment those stupid bells jingled over my head—I felt it, my cheeks were burning. I’m not blessed with a normal blush, no when I blush it’s like my entire head turns red—lucky me.

To a passer by I looked really angry, sick, or hot. I rushed to the empty seat, next to Frank, but lucky for me, across from Ray.

“I was thinking Gee; you know how we always have our Friday night ritual?”

My brother nodded—I did not want to know where this was going.

“What do you say, next Friday, we switch things up a bit? The Way brothers switch best friends for the night.”

Ray’s eyes bulged out of his head—he was afraid of my brother. My brother didn’t really come off as the sanest person around. My brother, I couldn’t really read his expression; I knew he was fond of Ray—not like that, but he wanted to get to know the kid who captured so much of my time.

Well the time I did spend being social. I didn’t dare look at Frank—not till I saw my brother nod.

“Sounds good, does that sound like a plan boys?”

Ray nodded dumbly and I just sat there. I really didn’t have a choice to answer no to this ‘date’ or whatever the hell it was—did I?

“Mikes, are you in? You don’t have to, it was just a suggestion; Frankie doesn’t bite that hard. Plus if you rub his ears just right, he calms right down. Who knows, mom might even let you keep him inside, he is slightly house trained.”

I saw Frank nod in my peripheral vision—I too gave a small nod. I glanced at Ray who looked as if he was failing horribly at trying to hide the sheer and utter terror I knew was coursing through his body. He’d be spending an entire Friday night with my brother—I truly felt for him.