‹ Prequel: Torque

Torque II

Unwanted Visitors

The feeling that Torque expected, that uncomfortable feeling of being thrown, didn't come. Instead he just felt pain as his body was sent crashing straight to the floor. It was like an unliftable weight crushing his abdomen.

"Congratulations Torque." A rasping, old voice, said from within a black cloak.

"Dark Reign." Torque gasped as he regained his breathe. "You gonna let me stand this time?"

"My apologies." He waved the other three Dark Reign off of him with a skeletal hand. "We didn't get to congratulate you after the battle and thought we'd give you some time to unwind first." The thing said.

"Are you ever going to tell me your name?" Torque asked, pulling himself to his feet.

"Ezekiel, if it makes any difference to you." The cloaked thing with skeletal hands said.

"Much more."

"You're wondering why we're here."

"Yep." Torque said, crossing his arms.

"You're like a moody teenager."

"Come on, can we just get on with this?"

"We have a night job for you. Considering the nights are long, I'm sure it won't be too hard for you." The rasping voice continued. "But first, you'll have to meet are master, our, keeper, if you will. I'd get dressed if I were you."

Torque threw on some clothes. "So wher eare we going?"

"It'll be like you went nowhere." The thing cackled as they started to drift through the floor.