‹ Prequel: Torque

Torque II

Lost In The Dark

Torque landed hard on his feet but disregarded it. He'd had much worse. It was dark where they were now. Brown rocks were below his feet, the only light he was aware of coming from the edges of the rocks. A red glow.

"Come on Torque." Ezekiel said and signaled the direction they were to go. The other three had disappeared and the Dark Reign was holding a scythe in one hand. Ezekiel started to drift across a bridge made of the same material as where they'd landed.

Torque followed in silence and looked over the edge of the narrow bridge. It was just a red glow. He couldn't make out anything that'd cause it. "Where's this light coming from?" He asked.

"Purgatory." Ezekiel answered simply.

"Sounds good." Torque said and grimaced before continuing on. "So where are we going?"

"To meet Death."

They reached the end of the bridge and entered a chasm instead. It started to widen, then opened up into large a circle. The walls were smooth looked, made of black marble, bookcases lining much of the walls. There was a small desk in the middle, a stage behind that. Both seemed to be of mahogany but Torque hadn't noticed any of this. All he'd noticed was that the only light in here were white spotlights and that there was something sitting behind the desk, facing away from them.

Ezekiel offered a hand that invited him on. The specter lead him round onto the stage then to the end the protruded upto the desk. Torque looked down at the thing at the desk. It had black wings and was wearing a black cloak, much like Ezekiel's. Two skeletal hands could be seen, the left writing with a pen, the right holding some paper as it wrote. The figure looked up to reveal it's face. There was no face, but a skull.

"Ezekiel who have you brought me?"

"Torque, sir."

"Torque, please sit." The figure at the desk said and signalled to the seat that had appeared on the stage behind Torque. He sat cautiously and continued looking at the figure.

When Torque looked for Ezekiel, he'd vanished, leaving him allone with this man.

"I'm assuming Ezekiel had explained who I am?" The figure said, it's jaw moving and giving sound impossibly.

"Yeah, you're Death right?"

"That I am."

"So why do you need me?"

"Because, young one, I need your help."

"Yeah, 938 years of age, that's young isn't it."

"Try being in the billions." Death retorted and continued on. "Your fight with Beral. You coming out unscathed was a challenge. I was extremely amused to watch the trickster's entry having been used. You seemed to do it with surprising ease."

"Can we please move on? Aria and Violet will be wondering where I am, and my shift begins soon."

"Don't worry, time has continued to be paused in your absense. It'll be like nothing happened to them."

"Fine, but I'd still prefer to get this done fast."

"As you wish. My task for you is to find my daughter."

"You have a daughter?"

"And a wife, though, she's currently in purgatory."

"How... Pleasant?"

"Regardless of your thoughts on the matter, I'd much appreciate you to help me. Will you?"

"Yeah. Could I have a picture and a lead or something?"

Death scribbled at the paper and held it up. A pen sketch of a beautiful girl was there. Torque reached out and took it. At the side was a colour description because the drawing was in black and white. Long blonde hair, 5'8, blue eyes, likes to wear miniskirts and vest t-shirts.

"Almost a female version of me." Torque said.

"Just find her daemon slayer."

"Don't worry, I will."

"You better." At these words all the lights seemed to go out for Torque.

Moments later, Torque found himself lying on the floor of his bedroom.