Status: Re-booted. Should update at least once a week.

Blood Angel

How It Starts

One...
The wall behind the man became coated red, and he gave a short gasp as the life left his breath.
Two...
The next one cried out in agony; the sound harsh on their concrete surroundings. It cut through the pitter patter of the rain, just like the blade in his belly.
Three...
The last one made no sound. All that was heard was his body splash into a puddle, and his head roll off into the gutter out of sight.
Matthew stood alone now. The three men who had followed him no longer a problem. His fingers twitched as he felt the trickle of warm liquid drip from his finger tip. For quite a while he stood there. His eyes turned down at the water running into the gutters. Red swirls clouded its surface.
The soft hum of an engine made him finally look up. Tires crunched on the pavement as a white van with blacked out windows pulled up at the end of the alley. The evening light made it hard to see any detail, but Matt knew who's vehicle it was instinctively.
The side door slid open and Kara's pale and worried face poked out from its dark entrance. "Get in Matt.. If you stay out in the rain you'll catch a cold." Her eyebrows were scrunched together, and her wide pleading eyes looked as beautiful as ever. Matthew gave her an appreciative smile before he went to the van.
"You know.. if you keep worrying about me so much I might start to take it the wrong way." Matt ducked to enter the van and she slid the door shut behind him. She smiled back and sat close to him, her body heat giving him warmth through his soaked clothing.
"Then you better stop giving me reasons to worry.. making the enemy take a move like that.. What were you thinking?" She gripped his arm with one hand. Her distress quite apparent. Matt sighed as he looked down at the red stains still on his hands. "You know this is always how it starts Kara. This time.. I thought I'd make a move instead." The van's engine gave a little roar as the driver drove away from the dark alley. It was time to go home and deal with the consequences to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a picture of Matthew, enjoy ^_^...