Status: Completed! The sequel is up now.

Choke on Your Misery

Big City Dreams

Alex

“So what’s your answer?” I asked. We were back in my living room with our parents on Wednesday night, waiting for their answer about the tour. I was nearly bouncing with anticipation.

They looked around at each other, my mom finally speaking up, “We’ve decided that you can do the tour.”

The four of us cheered and jumped up, but our parents made us sit back down. “However, there are some exceptions,” Zack’s mom said, motioning for us to quiet down.

“Like what?” Zack asked.

“First of all, we would like at least one parent to come with you,” Jack’s mom said. “Dennis and Mark are the only two who will be available to come.” Dennis was Rian’s stepfather, and Mark was Zack’s dad.

I grimaced; having Zack’s dad with us would ruin my fun with Zack. “Do we really have to have parents with us?”

“There is another option that we discussed,” Rian’s mom sighed. “If you call us at least three or four times a week while you’re on tour, we can overlook the parent issue.”

“Awesome! That sounds good to me,” Jack grinned

“That way we can see how you are doing, and we won’t be worrying about you. If you can put time aside to call us a few times a week, we will be satisfied,” Jack’s mom said.

“That sounds like a fair deal,” I agreed, nodding.

“Good. The second thing is that we want you to keep an eye on each other. Don’t let each other do anything stupid, like drugs or smoking,” my mom said.

“We won’t,” we promised in unison.

“You better not. The first suspicion we have of you boys doing anything like that will mean we’re bringing you all home,” Zack’s dad warned.

“Yes, sir,” I nodded.

“The third thing is that we will be giving you a credit card to use only for checking into a hotel. The only other thing you may use it for is food and drinks, if you run out of cash,” Rian’s mom said.

“We don’t really have much else to use it on,” Rian said with a chuckle.

“Good; it will lower the temptation.”

“The final thing is just regarding Zack,” Zack’s mom said, looking over at him.

Zack sighed, “I’m listening.”

“You need to take your anti-anxiety medicine often while you boys are on tour. It will make you less likely to have a panic attack. I know you’ve only been taking it two or three times a week, but I want you to take it five or six times a week like the doctor originally told you to,” Zack’s mom began. Zack nodded, and she continued, “If you do have any panic attacks, you need to take your other medication and relax afterwards. It will help to calm you down and prevent you from having multiple panic attacks in one night. I want you to call me or you father if you have a panic attack, also; just so we are aware of it. Do you understand?”

Zack nodded, “I understand, mom. I’ll take my medicines.”

“And you,” Zack’s mom pointed at me, and I raised an eyebrow. “Alex, I would like you to make sure that Zack takes his medication.”

“Sure, Mrs. Merrick. I’ll watch over Zack,” I grinned at Zack, who rolled his eyes at me.

“Thank you, Alex.”

“Are those the only exceptions?” Rian asked.

“I have one more,” Zack’s dad added. “You will be using my van, so I expect it to be handled carefully. I don’t want any reckless driving. You boys need to be careful, especially since you’ll be driving in areas you’ve never been to before.”

“Of course, dad. We’ll be careful,” Zack said, glancing over at Jack. “That probably means we shouldn’t let Jack drive.”

I laughed, “If we want to stay alive, we probably shouldn’t let him in the driver’s seat.”

“Shut up,” Jack said, pushing me by the shoulder. “I don’t drive that bad!”

“You’re pretty bad. You almost rear-ended someone last time I drove with you,” I rolled my eyes.

Jack hesitated before defending himself, “I didn’t see them!”

••••••••••

I walked into the studio on Friday morning, a few minutes earlier than usual. I had driven with Jack, because Zack had gone to get a haircut and Rian was driving him. I walked in saw that Adam was already there.

“Good morning boys,” Adam greeted, turning to us as we came in. “Where are Zack and Rian?”

“They should be here in a few minutes. Zack went to get his hair cut this morning,” I said, setting my stuff down. “What’s left to do today, chief?”

“We just need to record Rian’s drums and the rest of the singing,” Adam said, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Sounds good,” I said, sitting beside Jack. A few minutes later, the door opened and Zack and Rian walked in. My jaw dropped. “Oh my god, Rian!”

“Wha-” Jack began, looking up and gasping. “Rian! You finally cut your hair!”

“Yeah, Zack finally convinced me to get my hair cut while he was getting his done,” Rian said with a grin, rubbing his hand across his new buzz cut. “It’s all gone!”

“It looks good,” I told him, looking at Zack. “Damn, and you’re looking sexy,” I said, raising an eyebrow. Zack had gotten his hair cut and dyed; now it was a lighter shade of brown, with some blonde in it.

Zack blushed, walking over to me, “I do not look sexy.”

“Yes you do,” I argued with a grin, pulling him down onto my lap and kissing him.

“Since those two are busy making out... Rian, head in there and start recording your drums,” Adam said and I laughed, pulling back from Zack and wrapping my arms around him.

A few hours later, we were finally done recording the last song for our EP. We were listening to it when I heard the door open, and Matt, Evan, and Grieco walked in. “Hey guys!” I exclaimed, running over to them.

“Did you ask your parents if you could come with us?” Jack asked, also walking over. We had asked Evan to do sound for us on the tour, since he was already a sound guy at the Recher. We had also asked Grieco if he would be our drum and guitar tech.

“My parents said that it’s fine for me to come,” Evan said with a grin.

I turned to Grieco, “How about you?”

“They said I can come!” Grieco said happily, high-fiving Jack and I.

“Awesome! Now we’re just waiting on an answer from Matt,” I said, looking at Matt expectantly. We had asked Matt if he would be our tour manager; he had touring experience and knew plenty about everything that needed to be done. He had told us that he would think over the offer and talk to us today.

“Yeah; I decided that I’ll take up your offer on being your tour manager,” Matt said. He laughed as Jack and I jumped onto him in a hug, “But only if you quit tackling me!”

“I can’t make any promises,” I grinned, stepping back. The door opened once again, and Mr. Boylan walked into the room.

“Good afternoon, boys! I hear you’re finished with the album?” he asked.

Adam nodded, “They just finished up a little while ago.”

“Excellent! Adam, you can put together the demo CD with the artwork and title that the boys chose yesterday. I would like to see it as soon as possible.” Mr. Boylan turned to us and noticed the others. “Are these the crew members you’ve chosen to come on tour with you?”

“Yes, sir,” I said with a nod.

“Alright; if you don’t mind, I’d like the seven of you boys to come into my office. I have a few papers with the tour dates and such that I need to give you.”

We followed Mr. Boylan into his office and introduced him to Matt, Evan, and Grieco. We all stood around his desk because there weren’t enough seats for all seven of us in the small office. He handed us a few papers with the tour dates on them.

“These are the tour dates. I have the date, city, and venue listed on them. The tour starts on June 25th, which is in two weeks. I’ve already rented a trailer for you, and you can pick it up from this location,” Mr. Boylan handed me a paper with the trailer rental location on it, “the day that you leave for the tour. You should leave the day before the tour starts so that you can get to the venue and meet up with the other two bands.”

“Okay,” I said. He handed me another sheet of paper with some more locations and dates on it.

“Those are a list of interviews I have set up with local radio stations. There are only a few right now, but more may be scheduled in the duration of the tour. I expect you to be at each one of these, on time.” Mr. Boylan looked around at us. “Any questions?”

“Nope,” I shook my head, looking at the others.

“Very well. Your EP should be finished up within a few days, and we’re going to make some copies to sell at your shows. Those will be loaded in the trailer to sell at shows. The official release date for it will be June 25th, the same day that the tour starts,” Mr. Boylan smiled. “So, if I do not see you boys in the next two weeks; have a great tour and feel free to call me with any problems you may run into regarding the tour.”

“Thank you, sir,” I said. We all shook his hand before grabbing our stuff, saying goodbye to Adam and heading out to the parking lot. I turned to the others, jumping up once in excitement. “Our first tour is official!”

Matt reached out, taking the papers from me. “I’m taking these; knowing you, you’ll lose them in ten minutes.”

“I will not,” I scoffed.

“Yeah, you will,” Matt chuckled. “I’ll make copies so we each have one to hold onto. I’ll also make out a schedule so you know what the hell you’re doing on each day.”

Jack smirked, “Already turning into a tour manager.”

“I could back out of doing this right now,” Matt warned, raising an eyebrow at Jack.

“I meant that in a good way!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Break Out! Break Out! - All Time Low

They are officially going on tour! :D

The next chapter is the last one before the sequel! It's more of an epilogue than a chapter. I have the summary page of the sequel up, and I'll be adding characters and such soon. It's linked up in the top right corner of the page, as the sequel. Go check it out and subscribe!

ALSO, I have changed the band that All Time Low is touring with... I switched it from Hit The Lights to Mayday Parade. I just didn't know enough about Hit The Lights to include them in the sequel like I wanted to.

Anyway, thank you guys so much for all the comments and everything. I love you all. I'll be posting the FINAL chapter of this story on Friday or Saturday of this week. I'll be finished with my finals by then and in a much better mood.

Thanks to:
kew_atl
JessicStar
JonnyCraig
Party Ghoul

for their comments! :)