Wanderlust

II

Jack's Point Of View

I grabbed my food from the lunch line and headed over to the usual table. I was already late for lunch, since I had to stay after class and talk to my teacher. Last night my mom found out that a family member in Lebanon was sick, and my mom and dad decided they wanted to be there with them. Now I had something hard to do; I either needed to find a place to stay, or say goodbye to my friends for an unknown periods of time. I put down my tray before sliding into my seat at our lunch table.

"Alex, Aubree, can you two pull away from each other for long enough so that I can talk to you?" I asked the couple, who were lip locked rather than eating. I knew this was pretty much a losing battle. School was the only place the two could really hang out without Aubree's older brother freaking out.

"Don't even bother Jack," Rian said, looking up from his lunch. "I've already tried."

"I really need to talk to you guys," I said.

"Try after school," Zack said, "We are all hanging out at Flyzik's house."

"I'll try. I don't know whats going on yet, I think I can probably hang out for a little while," I said.

"Why is something wrong?" Zack asked.

"Not yet," I said. "But something might be wrong soon. I don't know, I have to talk to my mom, and you all later."

The lunch bell rang, and finally Alex and Aubree broke apart. The brunette girl didn't even bother saying goodbye, before she ran off to her next class. Smirking watching her watch away, Alex sat there staring. I leaned over the table and smacked him across the head.

"Ow!" He yelled grabbing his head. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Let's go bro, class is starting soon."

---

I went into my gym class, and went over to talk to, Coach Dan. Dan was a family friend, and I had known him most of my life. My mom and his girlfriend, Mary had been friends since childhood, and when Dan came into the picture her became a close friend.

"Hey Coach," I said walking over.

"Hey Jack, whats new?"

"Some family member in Lebanon is sick. Mom is trying to figure out whats going on. I think my parents want to go out there but they want me to finish the school year. I don't know whats going on yet, I think I either have to find a place to stay or I'll be finishing my senior year with on-line classes in Lebanon."

"Mary was telling me something about that, I think she feels bad. We've got a bit of a problem too," he said, "Mary's niece showed up on our doorstep yesterday, all the way from Vermont."

"Sounds rough," I said, "well I better go run, we'll talk later."

"Later Jack," I walked away and went to join my classmates as they ran around the track.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short but it's just an introduction.
Comment?
<3 Amber