Chasers

Home

As soon as I teleported back to the class room, I immediately tensed.

"His power will make me stronger"

The words disappeared with an echo of dark laughter as soon as I had finished taking them in. God...this was not good.

I turned back to Andriy, who was staring at the space where the words had been before teleporting us back out to the field. I didn't know which teachers had magic...or what side they were on.

I closed my eyes, sighing in frustration and rubbing my temples.

I turned to Andriy, "I don't know where to go from here." I had never trained another magician, nor had I been in such a circumstance.

"Would you mind meeting my parents? They would help..." I looked down. I had never felt so...useless...

He shrugged, muttering "I guess not" under his breath. And with that, I found myself outside my house. I quickly walked in, Andriy following me, until I reached the living room, where my mom was sitting on the couch watching the news.

"Mom," I said softly. Her eyes snapped to me before wandering over to Andriy. I didn't need to explain anything to her...she had specialized in telepathy.

Her eyes widened, and she walked into the kitchen. Not two minutes later my dad rushed out, mom following behind him closely.

"Are you sure?" he asked calmly. I nodded, and they shared a glance.

"We're not moving again," I said, a little louder than I had intended. They looked over to me with a startled expression.

"We always move..."

After a few minutes of silence, Andriy coughed, making me jump. I had forgotten he was there...

After a quick exchange of introductions, I looked back to my dad. "What do we do now?"