Chasers

Fire...

I watched frozen in place as Andriy bombarded my father with fireballs. My mom was trying to fight the fire with him, but the force behind it was unbelievable...

My father flew back, slightly singed. Some of the fire had caught the corn field, sending stock after stock up in flame. My mom had screamed a bit when Dad got hit, but I turned to see her now screaming at me. She pointedly looked in Andriy's direction before teleporting away with Dad.

I looked over to Andriy...and started running. The fire was so close to him...when had he passed out?

I shook my head, concentrating hard before summoning up a small mote of water. I stretched the water, creating a thin wall, which I quickly threw behind Andriy to battle the fire. I reached him, falling to my knees.

I pulled him up, carrying him bridal style before teleporting away. I walk to the sitting room, placing him lightly on the couch. Mom and dad weren't here...probably at the hospital. I grabbed two glasses, filling them with water before walking back to the front room.

I had placed the glasses on the table before I realized Andriy was awake.

"Uhm...hey, how are you holding up?" I asked quietly, sitting in a nearby chair. His face was smudged with soot, and he looked exhausted...but of course, who wouldn't be? Not even I would attempt to use so much magic...not at one time.