Chasers

Close Encounters

Sitting in the stairway crying was not the thing I was planning to do, but I couldn't seem to drag myself down the stairs. I crawled to the first flight of stairs and dropped down them, not caring to stand up. It hurt a bit, but I didn't care.

Once down the flights of stairs, I finally got the strength to stand up. I opened the door to the lobby and heard the, "bing," of the elevator. As soon as I heard that, I jumped a bit and threw myself back in the stairway. I didn't want anyone seeing me like this.

I looked through the door's window and saw Kitty, running out the lobby doors. I knew I had to apologize, but I couldn't get the strength to walk up to her, not looking like I was. I followed her. As soon as I was outside, I spotted a rooftop and jumped to it, using teleportation.

It was then that I realized that I just teleported. I didn't know how I did it, it was just instinct, it just sort of happened.

"A-Andriy?" I heard and I realized she was looking for me. I turned to peer off the rooftops at her, hoping she hadn't spotted me. She had a Dr. Pepper in hand and she was looking around. She hasn't seen me. Good. She then turned and started for the hotel.

That's when I saw him, the vampire from before, running straight at Kitty. She was turned away and didn't see him until he had her pinned against a car.

"You better have that medallion for me. If you don't, there's no telling what I'll do to you," the vampire said. "Where is it?"

Before I tell you what happened, let me remind you that I was fairly new to the whole magic deal, but it must have looked awesome as I jumped, foot foward in the air, and teleported so my foot was inches in front of his face.

It didn't work out the way I had planned it though and it would have looked way awesomer if my foot actually made contact with his face instead of me falling straight down to the ground. He was quick to pin me down next to Kitty.

His hands worked up and down our clothes. When his search ended up with a disappointment, he said to us, "You had better have it the next time I come to you, or else." When he said this he vanished, leaving the hissed, "s," stuck in my brain.