Chasers

Introductions

In my life, I'm just the kid in the back of the class. Just a name among faces. Sure, I have friends, but they aren't worth much. I'd trade them for almost anything. Fame, money, whatever. I've had friends that were true. But they never stick around long. I'm meant to leave people behind and get left behind. But the funny thing about that is, I've never left the town of Scarvatown. My family has had a stable life here and they decided without me that we're not leaving, and we never will. Who knows? Maybe I'll get out there someday. Maybe with a chance meeting with someone, I don't know, maybe a WITCH!?!?

That's right. The story that lies in your hands, or on your computer screen, or, maybe, just maybe, they'll let this pass to the big screen, it's all true. The entire conspiracy, from James Patterson's Witch and the Wizard to C.S. Lewis' Narnia, to even Harry Potter. Alright, maybe not all of it, but you get my point, and if you want the truth, you better keep reading, or listening, or whatever you're doing.

It was day one in school today. I arrived thinking I could make some new friends out of the new kids. "Hey, Andy!" some random kid says as I walk through the door. I say hey back, but ignore him after that, because, as I was saying, all my good friends moved away. Andy is just a nickname for anyone who can't say my real name, Andriy. It's said the same way it's spelled, but people think it's weird, so they just call me Andy.

I started introducing myself to everyone I didn't already know, but most of them ignored me or they wouldn't shut up. I was just finishing up when the bell rang. I didn't even realize there was someone I had missed a new kid until I got to my first class of the day, Physics, when a new girl was blocking my way into the classroom. I waited until she moved, because at this point, all I wanted to do was sit down.

When I was finally able to get seated I zoned out and even fell asleep for a bit. It was all introduction anyway. "The first day of school is for sleeping in class. Every other day, pay attention," as my sixth grade teacher used to say to us when someone had their head down.

When the second period bell rang, I made a split-second decision to introduce myself to the new girl. How did I know that she would end up changing my life?