Chasers

Unwanted Thoughts

I've never been hugged by anyone outside my mom before. It was a real awkward moment. But, it was a crucial moment to my life. It was the moment I started to realize how right my mom was and why I decided to bring her along to meet my father. Not because she knew and could teach me how to use my magic powers, but because I was starting to fall for her. Yeah, I had a few crushes, but they were nothing compared to what I felt that night.

The next morning I woke up to the phone ringing. I looked over to my mom's bed and I could tell she woke up the same time I did. It was like a sort of telepathic ability she had, she woke up the same moment I did. She says its because she raised me by herself, so she is a light sleeper.

"Wake up call at 6 am," A voice told me when I answered the phone. Somehow the voice was cheery. I don't see how anyone can be that happy, this early in the morning. Even I, generally a morning person, was not happy to be awake, but maybe it was because of how late I was out.

I went next door and knocked on the door. There was no answer, so I knocked again. It worried me a bit that she didn't answer, but I figured she was still asleep so I went and took a shower. As soon as I was out, Mom got in and I headed back over to check on Kitty.

I knocked as hard as I could, my knuckles reddening in the process. I focused my mind on Kitty's room, which was hard to distinguish from anyone elses because they all look the same. When I opened my eyes, I was standing there, right in front of Kitty's bed.

There she was, still asleep. It was a pristine moment, picture perfect. I shook my head to clear any unwanted thoughts, and continued to wake her. I shook her and she sat upright, banging her head on mine, throwing me backward.

"Ah," I whispered in pain. She sat there, eyes wide. Instantly I knew something was wrong. "What is it?" I asked.

As soon as she realized I was in the room she did all she could to cover up her emotions, smiling and saying, "Nothing." Then she got up and headd to the bathroom.

"If you say so," I said, and I left the room, my unwanted thoughts driving me out of the room, so that I couldn't push her into telling me what was really wrong with her.