Chasers

Hospital

I groaned softly when someone unbuckled my seatbelt. Wait...what?! Why was someone unbuckling...

I opened my eyes to see Andriy pulling me out of the car. I was a bit confused before I turned around and saw the tree.

Oh.

I looked back to Andriy. "Where's your mum?" I asked quietly. I slapped myself gently. I really need to drop the whole Irish thing...

"At the hospital," he said quickly, walking around to the driver's seat and picking up a brochure. A gentle breeze blew, and I looked down to keep my hair out of my face. I brought my hand to my mouth as I saw the vampire.

"Who did that?" I asked Andriy softly, sounding a bit muffled. I dragged my eyes away from the body and turned to look at him.

He looked up from the small brochure and caught my gaze. "I'm not sure...but we need to get here," he said, handing me the piece of paper.

I took a look at it. St. Louis Medical Center. I went to look back up when suddenly we teleported near the hospital, throwing me a bit off balance. I stumbled back a few steps and shook my head, clearing my vision. I slowly started walking towards the entrance, Andriy leading the way.

"Hello and welcome to St. Louis Medical, how may I help you?" a kind lady asked with a smile.

"I need to find a patient here," Andriy said, offering his mother's name. The secretary typed furiously on the keyboard for a few minutes before looking back at us.

"Ah, yes...Mrs. Truss. She received several injuries, but nothing too severe. She's in room 213 if you'd like to see her."

"Thank you," Andriy said with a nod before walking off to the elevator.