Chasers

Amen

I stood in the hospital room, petrified and trembling against the wall. The vampire had come out of no where, running at Andriy's mum with a stake.

I stared at the vampire, slowly breaking out of my trance as it finally sank in. I raised my hands and braced myself, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. Water slowly began to pulse around my hands before swirling and crystalizing, forming daggers of ice. I heard a soft pop, indicating Andriy was back. I opened my eyes, which were now an obscure shade of blue, to find him standing not far from me.

I began to mumble a prayer, blessing the water. Andriy turned to look at me briefly before returning his gaze to the vampire, who unfortunately had realized our presence.

This vampire...he was familiar...

The second vampire who attacked us at school. He smiled coldly, licking a bit of blood off of his hand.

"We told you there would be consequences," he said, barely audible over my mumbling.

He turned to me, probably to attack, before realizing what exactly I was saying. Fear flickered in his eyes.

"Amen."

The blades released a pulsing glow as the holy ice zoned in on the vampire, sensing its evil. As if they had a mind of their own, they simultaneously launched themselves at the vampire. As they found their marks, the vampire release a horrible scream before he started to disintegrate.

That was the last thing I saw before passing out.