Chasers

Burial

Fearless and uncaring I jumped out the window. Being a dozen stories up, I was able to have a few seconds of peace with my raging emotions, before teleporting back inside the hospital. I immediately broke down, but not like I had, so many times before. I threw my fists on monitors, bringing anything breakable smashing to the floor. I went into the bathroom and from Kitty's point of view, it must have looked amazing seeing that mirror come through the open doorway. But I wasn't thinking of her at the time. I was thinking of Dad.

My father who had supposedly loved my mother and brought me into the world, was a megalomaniac bent on destroying a race of beings that have not come to harm me until he had stolen their precious medallion. Now, my mom was dead and I had my mind set on his death at the moment I had sent that mirror flying through the doorway.

I heard people gathering outside the doorway and saw their shadows from underneath. Quickly, I grabbed Kitty's wrist and hurried over to my mom's body. When the nurses opened the door, all they saw was the mess I left and the blood-stained mattress.

We ended up at the graveyard. Not too many people take care of it, but there was a worker right in front of me when we appeared.

"If you know what's good for you, you'd be wise to get out of here," I screamed at him. He listened, running away. I pointed at the ground, unsure that this would work, but the ground came up, leaving only a dark pit. I threw my mom's body in and the darkness of the pit consumed her. I wasn't an overly religious guy, but directly afterwards, I shot out a quick prayer, all the time thinking of my father's death.

Next, I teleported us back to the hotel in Saint Louis, the room Kitty had used. Thankfully, no one was there. I laid Kitty down on the bed, then occupied the space next to her. It only took me a few seconds to fall asleep, being exhausted from all the magic I'd used. Only a few seconds to slip into a horrible nightmare, and from the moment I woke up on, I knew I wanted to kill my father.