Chasers

Darkness...

Darkness.

That's all I saw, while I was unconscious. Flashing scenes of Andriy's break down at the hospital, his mum...burying his mum...returning to the hospital. All of this was tainted black, all this darkness was radiating from Andriy...

I slowly opened my eyes, ignoring a slight headache as I sat up. Andriy was standing by the window, looking out at the people below. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, standing a bit unsteadily before walking towards the window to join him. After a minute or two, I broke the silence.

"I'm sorry about--"

"No."

I looked over at him, shocked at his tone. He sounded angry, and I could see his aura, tinged with black.

"Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault," he said, still gazing out the window.

I thought about saying something, but decided against it. He blamed his dad...that much was obvious. I had no idea what his father showed him when they teleported, but I had a feeling it wasn't anything good.

"He took the medallion," Andriy said, glaring at nothing in particular.

"He took the medallion. He wants to end their race. He is the reason they killed-"

He broke off, looking down and clenching his fists.

"Mom..." he finished with a whisper.

I'd give anything to bet he was hell bent on his father's death.