Chasers

The Plan

I plotted a thousand ways he should die before she woke up. None of them were horrible enough. In the end, he would suffer. Not only would he go to hell, but he would suffer here, on Earth, as well.

Kitty acted like I blamed her, as if she were the cause. There was no way she could have stopped him and my father was the real one to blame.

"How are you going to do it?" Kitty asked.

The answer was simple, "He thinks I'm on his side on this one. I'm going to show him what it's like to have his own son betray him."

As if cued, my father appeared in the room. Anger raged from me, but I held it back. Now, was not the right time. Not yet. I have to become greater in his eyes, for him to witness the true pain, and eventually, death.

"You see, now?" He asked us. "These creatures disgust me. Now, not only do I have to bury my wife..."

"That's already done," I interrupted. He acted like he hadn't heard me.

"But I also have to avenge her. Will you join me?" He asked me, as if he were leading a revolution. He wishes.

"Yes," I said, simply, fearing letting anything loose. "But Kitty stays." At this she was outraged. I took her in my arms. "This is something I need to do myself." Then I whispered in her ear, "Go to the queen and tell her what's happened. Make sure she declares a war on my father."

Then, I let go of her and Dad and I disappeared.