Chasers

Going In

I reached up, my fingers gripping the crystal that hung around my neck. My movement, of course, didn't slip past the vampires, making them edge away from me and hiss in an agitated manner.

I ignored them.
Right now, I need to focus. I couldn't even see...they had blindfolded me to protect the location of the tunnel. Not that I would have been able to find it again anyway.

More than anything, I was worried about Andriy. His father had probably cooked up some ridiculously dangerous plan, as if taking the medallion wasn't absurd enough. What if he gets hurt...

I pushed the thought out of my head. No, Andriy would be alright...as long as he isn't bitten.

The vampire to my left swung his sword out in front of me without warning, leaving a small gash on my stomach. I winced slightly, coming to a stop. I heard whisperings as the vampires walked ahead of me, then a loud crack.

I jumped, backing up a bit as the smell of burnt wood and blood assaulted my nose. Then I felt a strong pair of hands on my shoulders, roughly pushing me forward.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. I detected traces of sweat, sage, rain water, and brimstone, and soon my feet fell on some sort of soft moss. I opened my ears, only hearing the ominous sound of the wind passing through the vast tunnel system.

The vampires led me for hours, still refusing to take off the blindfold. They then hissed, bringing me to a stop. Something was wrong...

I felt a hand grab my hair. Before I could react, my head was then roughly pushed forward, connecting with the stone wall. I let out a pained cry, trying to fight off the vampires, but they knocked my head against the wall again, bringing me to the brink of consciousness. I heard the unpleasant grind of stone-on-stone, then I was shoved into a small room. I immediately collapsed on the floor, pulling my blindfold off and letting my eyes roam the room as the door closed. I met the gaze of the room guard, who then glanced at his pocket watch.

"Her Majesty will see you shortly."